Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Mid Atlantic Quilt show Hampton Rds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/mid-atlantic-quilt-show-hampton-rds-t175824.html)

SSTeacher 01-18-2012 01:13 PM

My husband and I go to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show every year in Hampton. We live in Newport News. We attend Thursday and Friday--Thursday, we kind of buzz right through and then Friday we take our time. Would love to meet up with anyone going those days--we do not go on Saturdays.

sherian 01-18-2012 04:42 PM

I have never been to a quilt show, I am less than 2 hrs. away. I will have to check into it, thanks for the up date.
Would go during the week, Saturday would be so busy. Now how to talk my Hubby into it.
I know my All brands store's people we be there they from Richmond.
Just what I need right now. I am going to look it up right now.

gramma nancy 01-18-2012 08:12 PM

I went a few years ago and had a great time. This year is not in the cards, but I hope you have a GREAT time!

cousinpenny 01-19-2012 03:21 AM

Greeting from (Great Bridge) Chesapeake! !

My DH and I are probably going on Sat or Sun to the show. I want to see if there are any Gidget II's available for sale and see the newest notions to add. It was on my Christmas list but Santa didn't leave it. I've ditched the generic crafts for needlework based hobbies, mainly counted cross stitch and adding quilting to the list.

I grew up under Grandma's quilts. And, my mom has her treadle which worked last I knew. My mom gave me her Singer 500 series machine about 5 years ago. When I was learning to sew in 7-8th grade, I burned the motor out of a used "black" Singer and the seamstress at the local Singer store told my mom to leave me alone and let me sew. I made quite a bit of my wardrobe back then. Dad was happy my allowance was spent on fabric. It also meant I got more as I was saving him retail prices on clothes.

I've never had a problem with Tidewater Sew Vac. It may be the store you are going to.

TwinRiverFarm 01-20-2012 04:44 PM

I will be going, can't wait! Have not decided on whether it will be friday or saturday. I only have an hour drive from home (Gloucester), but I limit myself to 1 day of escape therapy! It would be great to meet for lunch, although I usually pack a sandwich to munch happily when my feet need a rest. Nametags sound like a great idea.

damaquilts 01-20-2012 05:55 PM

I am getting excited now. Saturday is the only day I can go. My brother needs to drive and after me talking him into going to the Rocky Mountain quilt museum when we were out there he actually likes quilts. Of course I think it helped that the exhibit then was quilts made by men. I told him that from what I saw on line most of the quilt shows have "guy" areas if he gets bored. I figured Sat would be the busiest but he has to work. I would have prefered going on a quieter day. Crowds get to me after a while. But yes I am Still going to go to one quilt show before .... I can mark something off my bucket list. LOL
Meeting for lunch sounds wonderful. We could pick a time to meet,come up with some kind of name tag or something so we would know each other.

tlrnhi 01-20-2012 08:59 PM

damaquilts---if you don't want to ride with your brother, you are more than welcome to ride with Machel and I. We can come get you or you could meet me at my house. I'm right off of Northampton, about 1 1/2 miles from 64. It's no trouble at all. Wouldn't mind.....

damaquilts 01-25-2012 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 4894902)
damaquilts---if you don't want to ride with your brother, you are more than welcome to ride with Machel and I. We can come get you or you could meet me at my house. I'm right off of Northampton, about 1 1/2 miles from 64. It's no trouble at all. Wouldn't mind.....

Thanks Terri, that is a very nice offer. but since I may have to leave at any moment because of health stuff I wouldn't want to spoil anyone elses time. And my brother won't mind leaving. lol I never know when it( fatigue) will hit but when it does I Have to go lay down. I can be fine one minute and about to collapse the next. pita for sure. But I sure can't wait to meet everyone for lunch. And let me know when you want to meet for coffee.

tlrnhi 01-25-2012 01:07 PM

No worries, I understand! I get that way sometimes. In fact, a nap would be nice about now. lol
I'll let you know about coffee once I get back from being with the babies and recouperate. I leave in the morning.

damaquilts 01-25-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 4910089)
No worries, I understand! I get that way sometimes. In fact, a nap would be nice about now. lol
I'll let you know about coffee once I get back from being with the babies and recouperate. I leave in the morning.

Enjoy your visit