Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Paducah? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/paducah-t275649.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 02-13-2016 04:28 PM

I've been 3 times and I love it. I prefer going by myself or with a friend who is not a quilter. That way I can see everything and I mean everything. I love Eleanor Burns shows, the Hancock of Paducah store....just everything.

meanmom 02-14-2016 06:10 AM

I would love to go sometime. I think it is about 5 hours from here. My guild looked into taking a bus trip there, but there was not enough interest. For things like this we join with another guild to get enough people to make it cost effective. This one didn't work out. Too many of the ladies weren't able to take the time off of work then:-(

Ellageo 02-14-2016 07:06 AM

I guess anyone can go. BUT, being a member, joining AQS is appreciated, right?

Geri B 02-14-2016 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 7465111)
I guess anyone can go. BUT, being a member, joining AQS is appreciated, right?

yes, the expo center is opened to anyone who pays the admission fee. If you are an AQS member, I think the admission fee is less by a few bucks. I don't think there are any other perks for the membership- no discount on class fees or anything else......
the rest of the town/shops - open to all!

IrishgalfromNJ 02-15-2016 12:53 PM

DD and I are going to Paducah this year. I just want to go once to say I've been. We're staying four nights and attending the show for two days, then we'll be going to the museum and Metropolis, Illinois on the other days.

I have a question: can anyone tell me about buses from hotels to the show? I tried to call the hotel to ask about this and my call was transferred to the operator but the operator didn't answer.

cjsews 02-15-2016 03:52 PM

I don't know about from the hotels. But, they have shuttle busses hat run between hot spots all around town for show week. There are even locals that offer shuttle service. Some of these do not charge. They just participate in show week

IrishgalfromNJ 02-16-2016 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews (Post 7466664)
I don't know about from the hotels. But, they have shuttle busses hat run between hot spots all around town for show week. There are even locals that offer shuttle service. Some of these do not charge. They just participate in show week

Thanks for responding. After I posted this question here, I found an email address for the hotel and they said they do have bus service to the show.

Deb watkins 02-16-2016 08:55 AM

I plan on going there in July when I do my two week vacation road trip. Looking forward to the trip!

BZ quilting 02-18-2016 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ (Post 7466526)
DD and I are going to Paducah this year. I just want to go once to say I've been. We're staying four nights and attending the show for two days, then we'll be going to the museum and Metropolis, Illinois on the other days.

I have a question: can anyone tell me about buses from hotels to the show? I tried to call the hotel to ask about this and my call was transferred to the operator but the operator didn't answer.

I don't know if Metropolis has a bus, but the hotels in Paducah run on a loop every 10 to 20 minutes schedule from all the main stops downtown to your hotel front door all day. They really try to make your stay pleasant.

cashs_mom 02-18-2016 02:11 PM

It's on my bucket list. Since I have a friend in KY and a quilter friend in TN, I just have to get there! Sadly, it won't be this year though.