Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Shipshewanna in June? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/shipshewanna-june-t265368.html)

QuiltingVagabond 06-09-2015 04:13 PM

So far, Jill and Sue and I (and friends) are tentatively planning to meet for dinner Thursday evening. Anyone else interested? I know the Blue Gate, but 5 & 20 Country Kitchen and Pumpkinvine Cafe get pretty good reviews too. Suggestions?

thimblebug6000 06-10-2015 04:39 PM

We drove over to the Essenhaus for dinner! We attended Ricky Tims show where the Blue Gate is but didn't eat there. Enjoy your special time there!

SuziSew 06-11-2015 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7222053)
So far, Jill and Sue and I (and friends) are tentatively planning to meet for dinner Thursday evening. Anyone else interested? I know the Blue Gate, but 5 & 20 Country Kitchen and Pumpkinvine Cafe get pretty good reviews too. Suggestions?

There are lots of places we can go and even more if we look for something outside Shipshee. It also depends on what we are looking for a meal, me I eat everything! It's hard to go to the Blue Gate or Essenhaus and not pick up a few things at the bakery (YUM!).

Once we have a few ideas and get a general number I can call to see if we can make a reservation. I imagine everything will be busy during that time so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

QuiltingVagabond 06-11-2015 02:57 PM

I'm not a picky eater either haha! So anything is ok with me. Have not heard from anyone else on QB as of now.

thimblebug6000 06-11-2015 03:12 PM

Another thing to consider, there were 9 of us including our spouses, so one night we had a potluck at the campground and that was actually the best evening. We could visit as much as we wanted and the spouses could head off and do what they liked. We picked up a 5# potato salad from Yoder's (a favourite of one of the locals) someone brought home made dill pickles; one couple put pulled pork in the slow cooker and then we had that on buns; someone bought a jar of bean salad; one couple bought pies for dessert... yum! Hope you have a fun time!

QuiltingVagabond 06-12-2015 02:34 AM

thimblebug, that sounds great! Wish you were coming too!
I woucl be happy to have everyone at the campground for a cookout or potluck if you would want to do that.

SuziSew 06-12-2015 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7224125)
thimblebug, that sounds great! Wish you were coming too!
I woucl be happy to have everyone at the campground for a cookout or potluck if you would want to do that.

That could be a lot more fun and we won't feel rushed to free up a table! The only concern would be if the weather cooperates! We are still showing rain for the next week, hopefully it will clear up for the festival!

QuiltingVagabond 06-27-2015 03:39 AM

Update - the show is really good, there are so many places to shop for fabric in the area it would make your head spin!

I got to meet Battle Axe aka Marcia who is a delightful lady - love my quilting friends! Off to Lollys and Yoders today!

jillmc 06-27-2015 03:47 AM

Ahhhhhhh........I am so sorry to miss this! Hopefully next year! Have fun!

thimblebug6000 06-27-2015 07:10 AM

Glad you're enjoying your time!