Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/woohoo-we-going-beach-nw-oregon-t69282.html)

Theresa 11-29-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Hi Everyone...I'm so green with envy you all got to go to the retreat and I missed it. COUNT ME IN FOR THE SPRING ONE! Where do I send my money? I loved seeing the pictures and would have really loved seeing Alaska on the skype. T, I was so happy to hear your mittens are selling. I love mine! We've had some pretty cold weather here so they are getting a good work out.

Laurie, too bad your children didn't make a cute bsby! What a doll she is. Nothing more fun than grand and great grand babies.

Life has been a bit of a downer most of the summer and into the fall but things are better now. I'm finally able to walk without assistance but have a "swagger" like a drunk sailor. I ended up with my leg being 1+ inch shorter than the other after the 2 hip replacements so they'll be doing some lifts in my shoes to even out my leg and get my gait better and my back in alignment.

My mom died about the time I had to have the hip replaced, the second time, so we've been working on getting her estate all settled. That should be done in January. It's been a sad loss but none of us would wish her back after her long illness. She was so ready to go and now she's watching over all of us.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Hope to speak to you all soon via the Board.

Hi Feathers. Glad to know you are on the uphill climb. You've been through a lot...bless your heart. I too am looking forward to news of the spring get-together.

Merry Christmas everyone!

cbridges22 11-30-2010 08:28 PM

Your granddaughter is beautiful!I would be interested in the Quilt show in Silverton,let me know who,what,when and where!Cindy

cbridges22 11-30-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
WOW! Looked like SEW much fun. Sorry I couldn't have joined you, my friends. But then, I had a new grandbaby to DEAL with !! LOL

Looking forward to our next get together. Anyone interested in attending the "Stitches In Bloom" quilt show at the Oregon Gardens in Silverton? Think it is the 3rd week in Jan. I always enter a quilt in that show. Keep the thought on the back burner during the holidays.

ME,ME! Cindy (I see there is another Cindy so lets add my middle name-Cindy Jo)

sew cornie 11-30-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
WOW! Looked like SEW much fun. Sorry I couldn't have joined you, my friends. But then, I had a new grandbaby to DEAL with !! LOL

Looking forward to our next get together. Anyone interested in attending the "Stitches In Bloom" quilt show at the Oregon Gardens in Silverton? Think it is the 3rd week in Jan. I always enter a quilt in that show. Keep the thought on the back burner during the holidays.

ME,ME! Cindy (I see there is another Cindy so lets add my middle name-Cindy Jo)

I'd love to see one of your quilts in a show, Laurie, but I have to pass this time. DH is turning the big 4-0 that weekend. I'm sure we'll be busy celebrating.

:lol: :-D

sew cornie 11-30-2010 08:53 PM

Feathers, it is so good to hear from you. I've been keeping you in my thoughts for a smooth recovery and for comfort with your loss of your dear mother. Thank you for giving us an update. Stay out of the freezing rain and keep taking care of yourself! We want you to come to our next retreat/get-together because you are cared about and missed!

((((HUGS!!))))

KarenBarnes 12-16-2010 09:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thought you all would like to see the quilts that I completed. One from the Boomerang swap and the other a scrappy for my youngest. These are my first two off of the quilting machine, so I think I'm getting the hang of it but it will be awhile before my quilting looks like some on the board but I think they will love them! I also included the baby quilt done for my newest DIL.

Boomerang quilt (I did pinwheels at the top and bottom)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143815[/ATTACH]

My scrappy quilt!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143816[/ATTACH]

Baby quilt for next DGS due in Feb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143817[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 12-16-2010 10:10 AM

Karen, those are beautiful! So glad you're getting a chance to work with your new machine. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :-D

cbridges22 12-16-2010 11:23 AM

Karen these are great.

Colbaltjars62 12-16-2010 02:31 PM

Wow Karen you HAVE been busy!!! Beautiful work on the piecing and colors by the way.
I see you have your machine and frame set up and your getting the hang of it. Was it nearly as bad as you thought it would be?

quiltingnonie 12-16-2010 04:35 PM

WOW! Love all the bright colors. The baby quilt - are they DUCK fans by any chance? The scrappy quilt is amazing.
You need to show us a closeup of the quilting :)