Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Proposed Georgia QB members Meet Ups >

Proposed Georgia QB members Meet Ups

Proposed Georgia QB members Meet Ups

Old 08-31-2011, 03:05 AM

The retreat in Toccoa is the 7th trough the 10th and the Georgia Quilt Council meets on the 5th so I'm not available on those dates. I'm also not available on Sundays. Keep me advised and I'll do what I can to meet up with everyone.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 AM

Thanks for the invitation but have two weddings coming up and I am going to be helping with them. Hope y'all have a grand time. Norma
Old 09-02-2011, 06:27 AM

Hi All! I'm still semi-housebound after bypass/valve replacement surgery 'way back in late April, 'tethered' to a high enough volume of oxygen that I can't be out more than two and a half to three hours for a while yet. All of you have a fantastic time at the show! rusty
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM

May be able to make the Sept show but probably not the Oct. one. As for Nov I will be working out of town until the 20th. but Nov 26/27 or Dec. 3/4 would work for me. I will keep watch and join you if I am in town. Would love to see something on Twister.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM

I'm up for the Oct & Nov events. Pot luck lunch sounds good. I'd love to see/hear expert examples of OBW & 'Stack 'n' Whack' using large print fabrics.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 AM

Still nursing the broke ankle and will just getting back from vacation so I doubt I can make the September get together.

Put me down for the November!!! I'm so looking forward to being there!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Hi, Jo. I'd love to meet up since I didn't get to come to the last one. For the East Cobb show, I could probably come any day, but Friday would be best for me. For the Georgia show, I could come Thursday or Friday. As for November, I'd love to attend that also since I live not too far from A Scarlet Thread; but I do a lot of traveling that month. When you set the date, I'll try to schedule around it. If I am in town for the November meet, I'll be glad to help out. I look forward to meeting folks.

Don't really have a preference as to program for November. I consider myself a beginner, so I'm open to anything. And even if we just did show and tell and visiting, that would be fine, too.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM

I'm volunteering at the East Cobb show all day Saturday and from 2P - 4P Sunday. Husband is leaving town Monday morning so I need to be home at a reasonable hour on Sunday evening so it looks like Saturday after 6P or any time Friday will be best for me in Sept.

I don't have any plans for October except that I definitely want to go to the show. If I'm working by then it will be Saturday, if not then either Thursday 20th or Friday 21st would be great.

November is entirely open for me and pot luck is great by me. I visited A Scarlet Thread during ShopHop early this year. It is a wonderful store. If that doesn't work out I also enjoyed Quilts N'Fixins in Jonesboro so that might work as an alternate not too very distant.

I'm also a beginner so am interested in learning any techniques. I HATE QST so if someone has a wonderful coping mechanism for those I would LOVE that. I'm going to learn folded fabric Christmas ornaments at a bee this month so if I master that I would be happy to demonstrate (or bring bee queen, crazyredhead, to do so!) ;-)

Jo please lean on me for help. So long as I'm only working two days a week I can do stuff for you while I'm job hunting. I'll PM you my email and cell.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Sunday afternoon at Cobb, and dinner
Thurs or Friday at Gwinnett
any Sat or Sunday in November
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 AM

I am planning to visit the show in East Cobb on Saturday (probably Sat afternoon). Cannot make the Oct one, but definitely want to plan on Nov. At this point, any time in Nov. would work for me. I have been wanting to visit The Scarlet Thread -- every time I go to Atlanta, I see the billboard from I-75. Just haven't made the trip any time when I could stop by.