Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilt shops  to visit in Rolla MO??? >

Quilt shops to visit in Rolla MO???

Quilt shops to visit in Rolla MO???

Old 12-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Any quilt shops worth visiting in or super close to Rolla MO??? Any thrift stores too ???
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Yes there sre 3 stores in Rolla. There is one on Hwy. 72 going toward Salem. Mo.. It is on the right side and is called Uniquely Yours,closed on Mondays. Then on 63 south, behind Hocker Gas station which is across from Wal-marts is another store. As you can tell it is hidden from view, it's name is Melers( I think). And now the last one, 63 north, it is on the bottom level, BELOW Big O tires. The name of it is Fabric and More, it has lots of flats folds, fleece and bolts too. That is the one I shop at the most because I have know Greg and his Mother for a number of years. Hope this helps you find the fabric of your Dreams :-D
Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 AM

If you go south on 63 to Licking, MO, check out the Lucky Dollar (turn left at the stoplight to strip of stores on left past the Chevy dealership). They have lots of fabric, some seconds, and some very good, a nice selection of batiks, all for budget prices.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:52 PM

If you feel up to a drive... there is a quilt shop in Buckhorn. Take 44 West towards Springfield to exit 153. Go left and follow the road past the Shell Gas Station. About 1/4 to 1/2 mile down on the left is a sign for fabric. Take that left and the Thread Peddler is 1/4 mile down on the right. You can't miss it.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 AM

For finished quilts, Simply Quilt Crazy is the place to contact and it is very near Rolla....about 25 miles south on Highway C, but they arrange visits by appointment only. There is a huge selection of quilts and just about anything else quilted. You can visit the website at http://www.simplyquiltcrazy.com. You probably won't need an appointment as the pictures are big and accurate, but you can check the contact page if you want to set a time. They carry a small selection in stock at the store...probably only 10 or 20 of each size and catalogs you can look through. But there are well over 400 selections on the website along with quilted handbags, placemats, tabletop and matching pieces like small rugs and window coverings. There's a lot more than that too..

For quilt work, if you do decide to visit, there are also two places along Highway C where you can get quilting work done. One is Stella's just north of Lenox and the other...I don't know the name; but it is in Lecoma and they do machine quilting. So I think they will finish a top for you and things like that.