Quilt show in Lancaster, PA

Old 03-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Does anyone have the address of the Convention Center in Lancaster Co, where the quilt show will be? Did anyone attend last year?
Comments?????
Old 03-04-2011, 05:11 PM

This is the link for the big quilt show. First time it was held was last year, it's at the Marriot in downtown Lancaster. I attended last year, it's big and colorful and on 3 floors, also part of the show is in a 2nd building. Loved the fact that there were chairs lined up all along the walls, great for older quilters like me who need to sit and rest awhile. You need to leave your car in a designated parking lot, $5, and take a bus to the Marriot, also from Marriot to 2nd location. Think the bus was $1,
Link for the AQS show downtown:
http://www.americanquilter.com/shows...lancaster/2011

The show used to be held here at Host, this new show here looks more like a quilt display but worth a look, free parking and admission.
Link to the new show at the Host (run by Quilters Rule company):
http://www.lancasterquiltshow.com/

This is across the highway from Host, called the renegade vendors, also free parking and admission.
Link for the Continental (just vendors):
http://thelancasterquiltshowatthecon....com/index.php

May in Jersey
Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 AM

May - Thanks for the links - didn't know there was a new show at the old location (Host). I've been going to the shows for about 7 years or so - my hometown is York and I go up to visit family, too. Didn't get ovr to the Continental show last year but am planning on going this year, and now there is more out there.

The new AQS show was terrific - lots of vendors from the AQS big shows so I don't have to travel all the way to Paducah. I parked in a garage a couple of blocks down from the Convention Center - $7 I think. Was easier for me than the bus, although I did take the bus to the other location - don't remember having to pay - but maybe I did - lousy memory!! Besides the show itself, there are other things to see in Lancaster city - the quilt and textile museum is really worth the time, plus I always go to market and get some goodies.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 PM

I've been trying to reach someone in the Muncy, PA quilt Guild. They usually take a bus to the Lancaster show. I went last year for the first time, but would like to go by bus this year if I can, I also was told that they make a stop in Lewisburg, PA to pick up. Is there anyone on who could help??
Old 03-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Great show - admission is $11.00, we parked free and there was a shuttle bus available - no charge for either one. Just google Lancaster quilt show and all the info will appear. Hope you can make it !
Old 03-07-2011, 09:34 AM

There was a discussion about this last week....Click on link to see all the information. LOL

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-104526-1.htm
Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by berrypatch
Great show - admission is $11.00, we parked free and there was a shuttle bus available - no charge for either one. Just google Lancaster quilt show and all the info will appear. Hope you can make it !
I live about 90 minutes from Lancaster. But this year I'm trying to connect with a guild from Lewisburg that is taking a bus. thanks anyway.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 PM

I've been going to this show for the last 12 years. The best part is there are over 20 quilt shops within 30 minutes of the show and I go to everyone of them. Usually get enough fabric to last me the whole year!! Because there are so many shops, I've found the prices to be great.! Already have my list for this year. 4 days of fabric shopping-what more could one ask for!! oh, 2 years ago, I got a new Brother Inniovis NX 650Q machine and it was $500 cheaper than at home in Pgh.