Quilters from Iowa

Old 09-05-2010, 05:02 AM

I live in farmington iowa I too enjoy the simple live
Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lavona
I live in farmington iowa I too enjoy the simple live
Lady T is in West Point and you are in Farmington and I have talked to a couple of other locals one in Ft. Madison and one in Stockport. We should get together some time!

Have you ever been to Rutledge? They have a great fabric store there. It is owned by the same people who own the Dutchman's store at Cantril.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:19 AM

Do any of you "southern Iowa" gals shop at the Dutchmen's?
I love that store & make several trips a year. It's an all day
trip for me.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:26 AM

outside of Lawton
Old 09-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sosew4fun
Do any of you "southern Iowa" gals shop at the Dutchmen's?
I love that store & make several trips a year. It's an all day
trip for me.
We go down almost once a month and a lot of times during the summer we are there 2 or 3 times amonth. It is a 45 min drive for us and my mom is from there originally. She grew up on a farm there and went to Harmony high school there. So she had to tell me who lived where when she was growing up. I hear it everytime. And she hated riding the bus down the cliff road that winds into Bentonport? I think it is.

We also make a trip at least once a year down to Rutledge. It's an hour and a half drive one way. They have the same sort of fabrics as Dutchman's at Cantril. but always a differant assortment. They have one long wall with fabrics on curtain rods that swing out and it is from floor to ceiling. I love their fabrics. Averages around $5 ayard. A lot of it is $2.99 to $6.99.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Anyone close to us who would like to come I am hosting a Quilt Retreat at Bentonsport Sept 24 to 26. You don't have to pay to stay there you can come and join us during the day if you like! There are no fees just your meals. I thought we would probably go out to eat for supper on Sat otherwise I will probably have the owner of the B & B provide sandwiches for lunch. Haven't decide yet for Fri supper. I will do some demonstrations if anyone wants and just bring whatever you would like to work on.

I have 5 people so far and possibly one more. We have room for 12 all totalled. so we have room for 6 more.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM

HI from Northeast Iowa.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Anyone close to us who would like to come I am hosting a Quilt Retreat at Bentonsport Sept 24 to 26. You don't have to pay to stay there you can come and join us during the day if you like! There are no fees just your meals. I thought we would probably go out to eat for supper on Sat otherwise I will probably have the owner of the B & B provide sandwiches for lunch. Haven't decide yet for Fri supper. I will do some demonstrations if anyone wants and just bring whatever you would like to work on.

I have 5 people so far and possibly one more. We have room for 12 all totalled. so we have room for 6 more.
Ooo wish I could get there Rhonda!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:51 AM

From East central Iowa here. Born and raised...never left. :) Right in the middle of nowhere...between Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Muscatine and Davenport. LOL ....middle of nowhere :)
Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 AM

[quote=the old one]Hi, Orange City Quilter, one of our daughters is visiting from south east Iowa, and today we went to Roelof's in Sioux Center. Where do you get your fabric? I really like scrap quilting the best, it is too hard to choose only four or five fabrics for a whole quilt (for me, that is) so I pick a color scheme and use whatever suits my eyes. Do you belong to a group? piecefully, the old one, or Gail
The "old one" is an inside family joke, but it fits!![/quo

I go to Inweave in Hawarden, for the most part. I also like to do scrappy. I don't belong to any group and am self taught. Maybe we can meet sometime? Do you belong to a group?