Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilters in my area??

Quilters in my area??

Hello there,
    Have just moved to the Cottage Grove,
    Oregon area and am wondering if there are any quilters in this area?
    If so please feel free to PM me. I've asked around several stores here and when I mention quilting I am getting the 'deer in the headlights' reply. Can't be right!!
    Sally

My heart skipped a beat because I saw Cottage Grove, but it's in Wis. i'd love to be your buddy if it was closer
    Lori

In the Member List there is a section to do a search by many different choices. If you put Oregon it will tell you everyone who lives there.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Cottage Grove is a lovely spot. I used to live in Albany and belonged to guilds in Lebanon, Salem, and Philomath. From Cottage Grove your closest guild would probably be Emerald Valley Quilters in Eugene. If you visit one of their meetings you will probably find lots of quilters who live close to you. Also you're within easy driving distance of the Sisters Outdoor quilt show - lucky you! I may just have to visit friends in Oregon again this July so I'll have an opportunity to go to Sisters. It's my favorite quilt show.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    In the Member List there is a section to do a search by many different choices. If you put Oregon it will tell you everyone who lives there.
    I tried putting Oregon in the search and it returned nothing. Not even myself...which tells me I am doing something wrong. Thanks so much for your suggestion.
    Sally

A few years back my sister and I stopped in Cottage Grove for the night. They were having some sort of festival at the time. Part of the "things to see and do" was a quilt show being held in one of the churches. There were dozens and dozens of quilts laid over the pew backs. It was a beautiful sight! There has to be some quilters in that town somewhere!Keep looking!
    Sew much fabric! Sew little time!

I live in Oregon but I live in Grants Pass and that is not too close to Cottage Grove.

I live in Philomath Ore, but I'm about an hour and a half from you. There is a guild in Eugene, I think it is the Emerald Valley Quilters Guild. You might check them out. There is (or was) a quilt shop called Pandora's Box in Cottage Grove.
    BJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bjbaxter View Post
    I live in Philomath Ore, but I'm about an hour and a half from you. There is a guild in Eugene, I think it is the Emerald Valley Quilters Guild. You might check them out. There is (or was) a quilt shop called Pandora's Box in Cottage Grove.
    Thank you for your reply. I have met Sue, the owner of Pandora's Box. Very nice lady but she is selling the shop. She said she wasn't sure if the new owners would keep a quilt shop or do some other type of business. My Mother belonged to the EVQG but their meeting are too far and usually at night or so I'm told. Thanks for the heads up tho.
    Sally

Blog Entries
    I am in Lebanon, Oregon.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.