Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilters in WV

Quote Originally Posted by sewhappy30
    Hey wanted to let you all know that WalMart at South Ridge has batiks today first time I have seen them there, very pretty and good quality or at least I think it is for only 3.97 a yard, great deal, so those of you who are close may want to check it out.
    That is awesome!! I LOVE Batiks. But I hate Southridge. haha Worth a trip, though.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by cook25526
    Thanks! I have been checking the Cross Lanes and Hurricane stores; they don't have fabric yet.
    I emailed corporate and they gave me some generic reply about adding them (back) to "select" stores the second half of this year, without answering my question of whether one of these two stores would get it. ugh
    So, we still have 2 months. *crossing fingers*

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by sewhappy30
    Quote Originally Posted by butterjoy
    I want to tell all my local quilters I am happy to meet you!! Let's keep in touch with each other about our local stores, sales, ideas, even meeting with each other?

JOY
    Sounds good, count me in Joy

Gena
    Me too!
    I'm Beth, btw. Just jumped right on here tonight. lol I haven't posted a topic in the Intro board yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethel3330
    Hi Ladies,
    I live in Putnam county and work in Dunbar. There are a couple of guilds. The one in Kanawha county goes to that event in Ripley every year, I do believe, but I was just trying to get on their website and it isn't working. I think it's the Kanawha Valley Quilter's Guild. They meet every Monday morning, which is inconvenient for me.
    There is also one in Huntington. Others I'm sure, but those are the ones I remember in this region. I don't belong to one yet but recently met a new friend from a yahoo group that lives in Charleston. I'm a brand new quilter but she is also teaching me basic sewing. We've been meeting at her house each weekend.
    Been considering setting up something at my church, but I don't know. I just want to get together with others of a like mind and sew! :)

Beth
    It would be nice to have a local group to sew together at times :)

Hi Ladies,
    . I just want to get together with others of a like mind and sew! :)

Beth
    Same here. I just need to carve out some time for me. It's so hard to sew when there's housework, cooking, and laundry to be done. Then, the phone calls, and, of course, the time on the computer. Hoping hubs will go hunting with his brothers and leave me for a couple of days-LOL.

Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Retired GI Jo
    Hi Ladies,
    . I just want to get together with others of a like mind and sew! :)

Beth
    Same here. I just need to carve out some time for me. It's so hard to sew when there's housework, cooking, and laundry to be done. Then, the phone calls, and, of course, the time on the computer. Hoping hubs will go hunting with his brothers and leave me for a couple of days-LOL.

Joyce
    Haha!
    I like that ;)

I'm a hand quilter in Charleston. I'm looking for a group to join does anyone know of one

Have not seen anyone posting lately. Missed you

Joy from Elkview
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-20-2019 at 04:32 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Quilts are like friends - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth. Friendship promotes the good and happiness in each other.

Hello from Clarksburg! I'm not close but am a quilter. We have a quilt guild here in Harrison County that I belong to. We are very lucky to have several nice quilt stores here in north central West Virginia!
    This is a great and sharing group. Welcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2