Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Row by row experience

Row by row experience

Hi
    Is anyone taking part in this?

I have collected the license plates for the past two years and have yet to use them, I guess I need more. LOL. It makes a fun road trip going from shop to shop. Love your Airedale photo. My dad raised Airedales and I miss their sense of humor.

I am collecting license plates from each state that I travel.

I'm collecting cute ones with campers on them. Because we GLAMP in our camper ��
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

My DH and I are taking a 4 week road trip in July/August so I hope to collect a few along the way. I haven't made up any from last year. But they are fun to collect.

I made one last year but I'm skipping this year. Not thrilled with the theme this year. My favorite year was the "water" theme.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I made one last year. Some of the rows were really difficult, others were fairly easy. I like the license plate fabric, too, so bought extra and have been using it here and there on projects. Don't think I'll do this years as I have plenty of UFOs already.

Blog Entries
    I have one so far and will probably pick up a few more. Not too many this year. I still haven't made most of the onesI have. I did buy the one from the LQS. They are doing scenes from around the city each year. This is the 3rd year. Theirs all co-ordinate with each other every year. I am pretty sure the background fabric is the same. They plan to make 5 years go together to make a quilt. I haven't made any. This year theirs has a plane, streetcar, bike and a flying pig. Other years include a bridge, one of the fountains, elephant house at the zoo etc. They are all paper pieced. Love them.

I'm doing more knitting than sewing right now. Part of it is the lousy weather we've been having and part of it is the need to organize. Some yarn shops in Maine are having a Yarn Cruise, basically a Shop Hop so I've been focused on getting to some shops I haven't been to. Will probably look for a few Row by Row patterns, too.

I just picked up two from Colorado Springs. Also got granddaughters the row by row juniors.
    well see how it goes!! I love them. Mostly to collect I guess as I have not made any yet! Oh well. Some of the license plates are hilarious!

I've done it for the past two years and had a wonderful time with friends. I have to admit I am tired of all the applique. Gets a little out of balance and I've learned that I really like traditional quilting patterns. It's been fun to learn new techniques with a small project. It's also been nice to go to the different stores and see what they have.
    I think this year we are going to be a lot more selective about the stores we visit.

I only get the ones I really like then increase the size to make table runners. This year I've only seen three that I am going for. Luckily, one of them is a local shop

We are driving to Oregon next week and I hope to stop at a few shops along the way. Hope the patterns are better than the ones I have seen in my area. Maybe I will be able to do one instead of just collect.

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    I made one last year but I'm skipping this year. Not thrilled with the theme this year. My favorite year was the "water" theme.
    I'm not exactally thrilled with the theme either. The one in Marion, KS is of an outhouse of all things--- on the go! No thank you!! I'm only pickling up a couple that will make nice wallhangings, like airplanes and trains for little boys rooms.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I love collecting up the plates, even though I haven't done anything with any of them yet. I just recently counted and I have 31 of them, from 3 years. Several are from the same shops, but not actual repeats.

I don't even know what the theme is, this year...