Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SAVE THE DATE: Chicago Quilt Show 2013

Talking SAVE THE DATE: Chicago Quilt Show 2013

WOO HOO! I just found out yesterday that the Chicago (Rosemont, IL) International Quilt Festival is coming back to our area!!

International Quilt Festival Chicago 2013

June 21-23, 2013, Preview Night June 20
    Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Rosemont, Illinois

Hours:
    June 20 (Preview Night) - 5-9 p.m.
    June 21 & 22 - 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
    June 23 - 10 a.m.-3 p.m.

Admission: $10 adults/$8 seniors 7 students.
    Children 10 and under free.
    Full Show Pass (includes Preview Night) - $25

Please save the date and if anyone is interested in meeting up, that'd be great! The more the merrier.
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!
    http://retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com

if it is in Rosemont why is it called Chicago...........Should be Illinois, if nothing else.......JMHO
    I will probably go being that it is NOT in Chicago!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Rosemont must be a suburb of Chicago, much like Pasadena TX is to Houston.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    if it is in Rosemont why is it called Chicago...........Should be Illinois, if nothing else.......JMHO
    Rosemont is a suburb on the northside of Chicago. I am from Chicago; I have family there and at Great at Great Lakes Navy Air Station, IL. I registered last year when they first posted it. Hopefully I will get to go all three days.

I know I will be there . I went into mourning when they took it to Cinncinatti.

Hope they do a bus tour from my area. I want to come.

So glad there will be other quiltingboard members there! maybe we should coordinate a meetup as we get closer to the date.
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!

My guess is that people outside of our area haven't heard of Rosemont. People fly in for this from other countries.

How is this compared to the one in Schaumburg IL on April 4? I have not been to one, which would be the best to attend for a first timer. What should I be taking note of on my visit. (I already have plans on going on the 4th,)
    Thanks for all advice.
    AngelaZ

Quote Originally Posted by angelaz View Post
    How is this compared to the one in Schaumburg IL on April 4? I have not been to one, which would be the best to attend for a first timer. What should I be taking note of on my visit. (I already have plans on going on the 4th,)
    Thanks for all advice.
    AngelaZ
    It is a bigger and more quilt focused show. If I could only attend one .. it would be International Quilt Show at the Donald Stevens convention center.

I haven't been to the Schaumburg show but the first big show I went to was the International Quilt Show. Had a wonderful time. Some quilters gave me advice to be sure and check out all the vendors before purchasing and still do that today. It keeps you from overpaying and helps in making good decisions so if you spot a pricier item you must have, you can adjust your budget accordingly....also, some vendors have the same merchandise for less. I pay a little extra for the booklet at the entrance (around $10) and mark booths with little notes so I'm sure not to miss something on the second (or third lol) time around. Afterwards, I tape any business cards to the same section so I can keep in touch with shops that offer online fabrics or notions.

For the quilts, I take my time going through. I photograph some of my favorites when allowed.

I may head up for this! Will have to wait until I get my girls dance rehearsal schedule. Thanks for the info!

Jacki

Thanks Lori and RetroGirl. I think I will have to try to go to the International Quilt Show also. I have already arranged to go to Schaumburg, will just have to budget for the next one. Thanks so much for the info!

AngelaZ

That is probably because Rosemont is sandwiched in between Chicago and the Chicago (Ohare) airport....besides Chicago seems to love to take over things....lol

The show is quite nice at this location. My only complaint is the parking...to pricey.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Quote Originally Posted by retrogirl02 View Post
    I haven't been to the Schaumburg show but the first big show I went to was the International Quilt Show. Had a wonderful time. Some quilters gave me advice to be sure and check out all the vendors before purchasing and still do that today. It keeps you from overpaying and helps in making good decisions so if you spot a pricier item you must have, you can adjust your budget accordingly....also, some vendors have the same merchandise for less. I pay a little extra for the booklet at the entrance (around $10) and mark booths with little notes so I'm sure not to miss something on the second (or third lol) time around. Afterwards, I tape any business cards to the same section so I can keep in touch with shops that offer online fabrics or notions.

For the quilts, I take my time going through. I photograph some of my favorites when allowed.
    The IQS show is much better than the Schaumburg show. I just love the Rosemont IQS ....plus the vendor section is to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I know I will be there . I went into mourning when they took it to Cinncinatti.
    I so agree, Lori...
    I am planning to go to this show, but will have to wait and see. Having a knee replacement and may not be able to handle it. Susie

Susie, I'm supposed to have knee surgery (possible replacement) around then, too. Putting it off until summer....may just have to put it off until after the show!!!LOL It's a small world.
    So glad to hear other quilters from the board are planning to attend.

Angelaz & Jacki glad to hear you're planning to attend....keep in touch as we get closer to the date if you'd like to meet up.

My daughter and I had a great time in Schaumburg. It wasn't as large and busy as I imagined it would be, but it was perfect for a first time. The drive down was easy and the parking was free and so easy to walk in. I am hoping that I can make it to the International and would love to meet up with others. We got to try out a long arm in person. It was a LOT of FUN! Now I understand longarmers when they way they love quilting. I would too on one of those machines, although I don't think I have the artistry or vision they have. It will be here before we know it!!

Angela

Blog Entries
    I just booked tickets for travel from MO to Chicago w/grand daughter. Don't know which day(s) we will attend yet.
    http://ozarkcastle.blogspot.com/

I'm heading there on Friday, can't wait! I was there the year before they moved it to OH, and I didn't have enough time that year to see everything I wanted (especially the vendors). The next year they moved it and I was soo disappointed. Glad they moved it back, I'm so looking forward to it.

Blog Entries
    Hubby says we are going on Saturday! Doing the happy dance. The question is: Can I handle two shows in one week? I have reservations in Shipshewana on Wed. Hummmmmm... yes I can!
    Happy Quilting.

I went to the show today and really enjoyed it. There was a lot of walking and a lot of vendors. My feet and Visa card are both tired, but I got some great stuff.

How does this show compare in size to Paducah?
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    Hubby says we are going on Saturday! Doing the happy dance. The question is: Can I handle two shows in one week? I have reservations in Shipshewana on Wed. Hummmmmm... yes I can!
    So happy for you Deb...
    I'm not going this time....boohoo...I'm stuck with a Strawberry Festival that had the dates change because of the weather. It's already paid for and no refunds.
    Have a great time...I'll really miss going.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
    I went to the show today and really enjoyed it. There was a lot of walking and a lot of vendors. My feet and Visa card are both tired, but I got some great stuff.

How does this show compare in size to Paducah?
    I also went today; the show was fantastic! The vendor section alone is worth it. I've been to Paducah in the past. I think there are more quilts on display in Paducah, and the vendor section is comparable. Maybe someone else can back me up, it's been probably 8 years or so since Paducah, so maybe my memory is foggy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast