Sister's Quilt Show July 2010

Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Anyone going to the Sister's Quilt Show in Oregon? I mentioned in another chat that I was planning on making the trip from Maine next year with my firend. I was hoping to go early so we could volunteer. I can't wait to hear from those of you who go this year. I'll take tips, places to visit, side trips, any info you want to share. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 PM

I'm going. WOOHOOOOO! But I only live 70 miles from Sisters, so usually go every other year. But I still get just excited as I did the very first time. It is really incredible :thumbup:
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 AM

I'm going. If you have time be sure to visit Crater Lake NP, which is a few hours away. Amazing, and the rim drive is open in July so you can drive around the whole lake. Some great hikes too. We'll be at Crater Lake the week before the quilt show.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
I'm going. If you have time be sure to visit Crater Lake NP, which is a few hours away. Amazing, and the rim drive is open in July so you can drive around the whole lake. Some great hikes too. We'll be at Crater Lake the week before the quilt show.
Hey - check out my posting in the 'Events and Announcements' section.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 PM

Check out my post here.....http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51533-1.htm For those of you going, this is an easy side trip that is REALLY worth it! You take Hwy 20 toward Salem, then turn left on Hwy 126. The lake and waterfalls are on 126. If you go further south, you'll see Hwy 242...that's the McKenzie Pass. It's a historical hwy. Two-lane, narrow, windy, but beautiful. It's closed 11 miles in right now for snow, but is supposed to be open again by end of the month (plenty of signs on it). Hwy 242 will wind you back to Sisters.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Check out my post here.....http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51533-1.htm For those of you going, this is an easy side trip that is REALLY worth it! You take Hwy 20 toward Salem, then turn left on Hwy 126. The lake and waterfalls are on 126. If you go further south, you'll see Hwy 242...that's the McKenzie Pass. It's a historical hwy. Two-lane, narrow, windy, but beautiful. It's closed 11 miles in right now for snow, but is supposed to be open again by end of the month (plenty of signs on it). Hwy 242 will wind you back to Sisters.
I've done that drive! It's fun and beautiful! Don't take a motorhome though!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 AM

I'm going!! Wouldn't miss it! It's really a fun event but make sure you wear good walking shoes-it's a lot of walking!

Come join us in the park. We will be meeting on Saturday in Sisters.

Originally Posted by PattyAllayne
Anyone going to the Sister's Quilt Show in Oregon? I mentioned in another chat that I was planning on making the trip from Maine next year with my firend. I was hoping to go early so we could volunteer. I can't wait to hear from those of you who go this year. I'll take tips, places to visit, side trips, any info you want to share. Thanks!