Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Tallassee, AL Quilt show today and tomorrow >

Tallassee, AL Quilt show today and tomorrow

Tallassee, AL Quilt show today and tomorrow

Old 06-05-2015, 06:21 AM

Default Tallassee, AL Quilt show today and tomorrow

My hubbie and I are going to this quilt show this afternoon in Tallassee, AL. That is not far from Montgomery. I have never been to one there before but it was well advertised so it should be pretty good. Tomorrow is a bigger deal with BBQ plates, an antique car show, crafts, etc. It was too much for my DH so he opted for today instead. Will let everyone know how it goes. Oh, hours today are 1 to 4 and tomorrow will be 10 til 2.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:46 AM

Enjoy your show! Does Montgomery still have a quilt shop?
Old 06-06-2015, 03:55 AM

How was the quilt show? I wish I knew of some closer to me. I'm not a member of it, but I do know that our local guild will have one this fall. We have some very talented quilters in my area!
Old 06-06-2015, 04:59 PM

We enjoyed the trip but there was a mistake in the ad in the Montgomery paper and the show was only one day...on Saturday. I ended up with a stomach virus and we did not get back on Saturday. We did enjoy riding around Tallassee and seeing how much their little town had grown since we last visited. The bridge that crosses the river there allows you to see huge boulders down below the dam and run close to the dam ...a very pretty view there and to me pretty unusual. So, we had a road trip and a day out...even though no quilts on Friday!
Old 06-06-2015, 05:04 PM

Toverly, yes, there is a quilt shop in Montgomery...just one now. It is in the same location of the previous owner...Kudzu Quilt Shop. It is now Sew Bernina and focuses mainly on Bernina machines, and classes. They do sell fabric and have many of the same salespeople, but not nearly as much fabric.
Someone mentioned a great quilt shop in Ozark, AL, if you are driving through there. I believe it is The Front Porch Quilt Shop and they said it was really worth while. Not many quilt shops in this part of the state, I am afraid.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:38 AM

Sorry you got sick, but hopefully you're better now, and your DH doesn't get sick. Glad you enjoyed the scenery though! We also love to just drive around and look....
Old 06-07-2015, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Tallassee is so small I didn't know they had quilt shows! Have fun!
Old 06-07-2015, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by mama's place View Post
Toverly, yes, there is a quilt shop in Montgomery...just one now. It is in the same location of the previous owner...Kudzu Quilt Shop. It is now Sew Bernina and focuses mainly on Bernina machines, and classes. They do sell fabric and have many of the same salespeople, but not nearly as much fabric.
Someone mentioned a great quilt shop in Ozark, AL, if you are driving through there. I believe it is The Front Porch Quilt Shop and they said it was really worth while. Not many quilt shops in this part of the state, I am afraid.

Thanks, Mamas place. That explains why I had heard it was out of business. I am going on a shophop soon thru Alabama to the Quilt Show in Atlanta.