trip from Texas to Bristol, Tn

Old 07-17-2010, 05:37 PM

Thank you quilting.addict,
I'm so excited I found this board, all of you are so sweet.
I will look all these places up on the map and hope I get to go to some of them.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:49 PM

The shop in Harriman is Loose Threads. I believe they have a website. Little Blessings in Crossville is nice, as has already been stated. When you get into Knoxville, Gina's Bernina is a pretty big shop, and so is Mamaw's Thimble. These are in the far west (Gina's) and near west (Mamaw's) part of town. On the East side right off I-640 is Dizzy Divas. It's not far off of I-40, maybe a couple of miles. Sevierville has Cherry Pit and Machine Quilting by Iva. As you go up I-81, there is a shop that we haven't been to, but we've heard good things about it. You'll see their sign on the interstate. I can't remember the name of it, but it was recommended by one of the shop owners in Jonesboro (there are two shops in Jonesboro). If you get to go to that one, please give me the name and location; we could make a day trip out of that.

That about covers the Knoxville area that's close to I-40. If you want to know about any more shops, let me know and I'll give you the names and locations.

Darren
Old 07-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by wesing
The shop in Harriman is Loose Threads. I believe they have a website. Little Blessings in Crossville is nice, as has already been stated. When you get into Knoxville, Gina's Bernina is a pretty big shop, and so is Mamaw's Thimble. These are in the far west (Gina's) and near west (Mamaw's) part of town. On the East side right off I-640 is Dizzy Divas. It's not far off of I-40, maybe a couple of miles. Sevierville has Cherry Pit and Machine Quilting by Iva. As you go up I-81, there is a shop that we haven't been to, but we've heard good things about it. You'll see their sign on the interstate. I can't remember the name of it, but it was recommended by one of the shop owners in Jonesboro (there are two shops in Jonesboro). If you get to go to that one, please give me the name and location; we could make a day trip out of that.

That about covers the Knoxville area that's close to I-40. If you want to know about any more shops, let me know and I'll give you the names and locations.

Darren
Darren,
Thank you for all this info. The shop's sure have interesting names.
Will be watching for the sign and let you know if I find out anything.
Is it ok to print the post's?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Power Poster

I am sooooo jealous. The good kind.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 AM

Could you please tell me is this the east side or west side of Tenn. As we to our RVing from Kentucky back to Oklahoma.