Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Utah Quilting and Marketplace Show May 2-5 2018 >

Utah Quilting and Marketplace Show May 2-5 2018

Utah Quilting and Marketplace Show May 2-5 2018

Old 04-06-2018, 03:13 AM

Smile Utah Quilting and Marketplace Show May 2-5 2018

Have you been to the Utah Quilt Show, in Salt Lake City? Are you going to the Utah Quilt Show? I am, so let me know, so we can meet up! So excited, I need more fabric ;-) I will be going with Country Heritage Tours. Got any great tips for the show, let me know!
Old 04-07-2018, 05:28 AM

I have read about those tours and they look so fun! You will have a wonderful time. I have been twice, although it was called HMQS at that time and both times were amazing. They have great demos, projects you can make and take, LOTS of shopping . My first time was just wandering and shopping. Learning new techniques. Seeing demos. Enjoying the beautiful quilts. My second time I took classes from Jenny Doan and Carmen Geddes. SUPER FUN!!!! want to go again and concentrate on long arm classes. Looking for a machine. I love to just look and shop and enjoy! I have come home with patterns, new tools, lots of supplies, and yes, a bit of fabric! I think it has been a great show in the past and I hope it is for you! If I can get it together and go, I will let you know! If not, be sure to post afterwards. Would love to know the tour was worth it!!! I am wondering about the RENO show. Perhaps I will start a thread like this and see. Have a great time!!!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Thank you for the input, it would be great too meet up. I will be meeting up with a couple friends from Quilt in a Day internet group. Looking so forward, I have traveled with this tour group several times, I traveled to Paris, Switzerland, and Germany. I also went to Ireland, Canada, UK. I also have been to Paducah, Sisters, and Seattle. I went to Paris and London twice , for the International Patchwork Show. I love this tour company. This will be my 11th trip. My DH does not go with me to quilt and textile shows, so I go with a group.