Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • WooHoo!  We are going to the beach in NW Oregon >
  • WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

• WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 PM

Laurie, this Christmas must have been so much fun for you! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Boy, she's growing! Your DD is very talented and her cake looks perfect on your runner. :thumbup:

Silverton sounds great. I've never been to that show but will have to check the calendar to see if I'm available. I'd been thinking about our next get-together too and appreciate you mentioning it.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 AM

Laurie she's adorable!

I've been thinking about going to that quilt show as well. Probably Friday afternoon is the best for me. It would be fun to get together! There are a number of new quilters from the area on the QB. It might be good to do a new post in the announcement segment.

I've also been thinking about another get together and would be happy to host again if we want to do it!
    Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Thanks, friends, for the compliments! I will post a NEW message about the Quilt Show on the announcement thread as well.
    I have attended (and entered) the show every year, and it is grown into a decent size quilt show. (I believe this is the 4th or 5th year) They will have a guest teacher - Marsha McCluskey all day classes on the 26th & 27th teaching the 'Feathered Star'. But it's spendy - $275. But, hey, it INCLUDES lunch! LOL
    Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 AM

I would love to go but I work full time so the only time aval. to me is the weekends.I really want to meet everyone!I have never been to a quilt show other than at State fairs.
    Old 12-28-2010, 04:18 PM

I'm new to this computer game..... Did you say "when"? And is it possible for me to bring my wonderful husband and let him walk the beach during the day? I've never been to a gathering like this, but I am born and bred in Oregon and moved out to be nearer grandchildren (oophs, I mean "children") after we retired. I soooo love to be a part of this group. Is it already over???

Robin AKA Sierra
    Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra
    I'm new to this computer game..... Did you say "when"? And is it possible for me to bring my wonderful husband and let him walk the beach during the day? I've never been to a gathering like this, but I am born and bred in Oregon and moved out to be nearer grandchildren (oophs, I mean "children") after we retired. I soooo love to be a part of this group. Is it already over???

Robin AKA Sierra
    It's not over (well the beach trip is)! We get together several times a year. Last one was in Oct (beach trip) so we are due for another. Those who can make it, come for some show and tell, visiting and of course, food! Keep an eye open for announcements of NW gatherings!
    Old 12-31-2010, 06:42 AM

Well I thought I should take a peek and see if anything new was going on! I'm really missing out-

QN-Laurie your little granddaughter is so precious. She has grandma where are you written all over her! Aren't they lots of fun?! So precious! Your daughter did a beautiful job on the cake. Wow I would have a hard time cutting into that one!

Karen- look at you go! Your quilts are so beautiful-so much fun. You are doing such a great job quilting. I'm sure the kids are really enjoying their new quilts. I just admire you-weren't you working on the swap blocks at the beach? And now the finished quilt!

I would like to go to the quilt show also in January. I've been back to work so I could only make it on Sat. Is anyone getting together on Sat? Was a post/thread started on the Board for the quilt show?

Sew, sew, sew right into the new year everyone! We are almost there! Happy quilting everyone!
    Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 AM

My son did really enjoy his quilt. I really did have a fun time putting it together and he really did need it since the old one was shredded! He won't toss it either! He said it still keeps him warm! Too funny!

The swap blocks I was working on at the beach got finished before Thanksgiving. I had another month to work on them but decided that with three of my kids and their spouses moving that I needed to have another thing off of my to do list! I took most of the blocks I showed all of you and made the purple quilt for my friend. She loved it!

I haven't seen an announcement other than on this thread for the quilt show in January. I got the impression that Laurie would be there both days for classes but wanted to know if we wanted to get together. I think we are due another gathering! :) I'll even host again! I just have to figure out when would be good to do it. I'm thinking of early in March? New grandson due in Feb and can you believe it a new granddaughter in May!I finally get one!!!
    Old 12-31-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Well I thought I should take a peek and see if anything new was going on! I'm really missing out-

QN-Laurie your little granddaughter is so precious. She has grandma where are you written all over her! Aren't they lots of fun?! So precious! Your daughter did a beautiful job on the cake. Wow I would have a hard time cutting into that one!

Karen- look at you go! Your quilts are so beautiful-so much fun. You are doing such a great job quilting. I'm sure the kids are really enjoying their new quilts. I just admire you-weren't you working on the swap blocks at the beach? And now the finished quilt!

I would like to go to the quilt show also in January. I've been back to work so I could only make it on Sat. Is anyone getting together on Sat? Was a post/thread started on the Board for the quilt show?

Sew, sew, sew right into the new year everyone! We are almost there! Happy quilting everyone!
    I would be interested in going and can only go on Saturday,anyone else?
    Old 12-31-2010, 09:24 AM
    mim

I wish I could as it will be my first winter season in WA. I don't know right now when I will shut the Maine cottage in the fall so I will have to pass. Maybe next year

Mim

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Sand, salt-air, no kids............Ahhhhh!

There is a little group of us in NW Oregon that are going to quilt at the beach in Lincoln City. It is a bring your own project get-away!

We are renting a house the last weekend in October in case anyone wants to join us. Still room for a few more. First come.............
    Send a PM to reserve your spot.
    2 Doods