Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"New" Sewing Room >

"New" Sewing Room

"New" Sewing Room

Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 PM

a labeler what is that ?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:38 PM

Lucky you !!!, I love your sewing room and it is so neat and orderly. Your Husband did a wonderful job on the bed
and the wall unit.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by janice4
a labeler what is that ?
Maybe I should have said "label maker". There are lots of different brands. I have a Brother P-Touch TZ. Got it a great price at Office Max. Usually get the label cartridges on ebay. There are alot of different price points on the Brother label makers. It has allowed me to make labels for all my fabric totes, files, household files, scrapbooking stuff, etc. etc. I use it all the time. I am going to try to post a picture.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
a labeler what is that ?
Maybe I should have said "label maker". There are lots of different brands. I have a Brother P-Touch TZ. Got it a great price at Office Max. Usually get the label cartridges on ebay. There are alot of different price points on the Brother label makers. It has allowed me to make labels for all my fabric totes, files, household files, scrapbooking stuff, etc. etc. I use it all the time.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Thanks for your reply, quiltin' lady. I'm going to see if my DS who is in construction can try your idea out on my sewing table. I was so frustrated with the vibration, and live and learn, the place I ordered it from doesn't take returns. But,it would be great to get it to work.
Thanks again,
lots2do
Old 01-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Yes, frankly, he is. :-P

Right this moment, in fact, he's finishing up a "mini-quilt + calendar" hanger that I asked him to make for me -- and one for my cousin!

Definitely a "keeper"! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by lass
The room is great, and the bed is really great too. Your DH is a clever man.
Yes, Lass, he most definitely is. :-P

At this very moment, for example, he's outside finishing up a "mini-quilt + calendar" hanger for me (and one for my cousin!).

He's a "keeper" for sure! :thumbup:
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM

a labeler what is that ?
Maybe I should have said "label maker". There are lots of different brands. I have a Brother P-Touch TZ. Got it a great price at Office Max. Usually get the label cartridges on ebay. There are alot of different price points on the Brother label makers. It has allowed me to make labels for all my fabric totes, files, household files, scrapbooking stuff, etc. etc. I use it all the time.
Sorry, guys, I didn't see all these new comments! My new label maker is a Brother PT-2430PC. What's cool about it is that it hooks up to my computer, I can use any font/image I want, I can have 2+ lines (if the tape is wide enough), and I can use 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1" tapes in a wide variety of colors.

So, naturally, I have to match the font to the task at hand, whether it be magazine boxes or plastic bins/drawers or .... [This is beyond cool for the OCD/nerd in me!]

If you do get one of these, look around online for your tapes, as they vary greatly in price.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by lacikat
You mentioned (if I remember right) that your husband's cookbooks were on the shelves. Is he a chef or are you just lucky to have a man who is this talented and also cooks? Great room and love your organization.
After being married many years to a man who's idea of "cooking" was opening a cereal box, I have been most blessed to find a kind, thoughtful, lovely man -- who does ALL the cooking!! Well, not quite all: I still do the baking. But he does everything else. Believe me, I thank him every day! :lol:

And thanks, too, for the nice comments about the room!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
WOW..........the mind cannot come up with an adjective to adequately describe just how GREAT and WONDERFUL this is..........I am SO JEALOUS.........
:oops: Golly, um, thanks!! :-D