Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1908 Singer D541794

Model 27? 28? 127? 128? Did Singer ever put a metal plate on the front, is this a knockoff? Does have a shuttle bobbin. Looks stripped and painted, no decals. Has motor and light attached and a floot pedal. Not sure my daughter got a deal for $40. Faceplate (not sure that's the right name) has a "K" on it, any idea what that stands for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Wow, she is a beauty, great buy

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I don't know- never saw that type of faceplate before. Someone else will know- she sure is pretty!

Wow that is beautiful.

Does she have a serial number on her. If so you could go the the singer serial number website to get information on model number. Perhaps.

That's the year my mother was born on August 15th and she's still with us, her memory is not always there but she recognizes us and she's still very healthy, she's just old.

That means that my grandmother (her mother) who was a tailor must have had a sewing machine similar to that one

That serial number was allotted to the model 27 according to Singer. 40000 were allotted on October 7, 1908. But that is confusing because the model 27 had the bobbin winder lower on the column and had a spoked hand wheel. It could have had some changes made including the motor, handwheel, and faceplate. The faceplate could have come from a machine made in Scotland.

Blog Entries
    You can go to this site and ID your machine by the features on the machine. It guides you through a series of questions about your machine, and has pictures for you to compare it to.

Good luck!

http://www.sandman-collectibles.com/...r-machines.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Barb44
    That serial number was allotted to the model 27 according to Singer. 40000 were allotted on October 7, 1908. But that is confusing because the model 27 had the bobbin winder lower on the column and had a spoked hand wheel. It could have had some changes made including the motor, handwheel, and faceplate. The faceplate could have come from a machine made in Scotland.
    Yes Barb, I'm also confused. Seems like several modifications have been done. Also wondered if it started out as a Crank.