Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2 More Horse Wall Hangings >

2 More Horse Wall Hangings

2 More Horse Wall Hangings

Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 AM

They are both beautiful! Did you straight-stitch quilt around every horse etc? Did you do any quilting in the background? I have something similar that I've completed except for the quilting because I don't know what to do. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. Sarah

Originally Posted by JAGSD
Here are two Horse Silhouttes I did last year, I reversed the one and added a Red border(sons request).
The patterns are by Christine Bump (local artist).
She has quite a few different ones out, though she passed away unexpectedly last year. Her husband has continued to go on with her many designs she was working on and sells the patterns.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Really Something. Great work
Old 01-27-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
They are both beautiful! Did you straight-stitch quilt around every horse etc? Did you do any quilting in the background? I have something similar that I've completed except for the quilting because I don't know what to do. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. Sarah

Here are two Horse Silhouttes I did last year, I reversed the one and added a Red border(sons request).
She has quite a few different ones out, though she passed away unexpectedly last year. Her husband has continued to go on with her many designs she was working on and sells the patterns.

I straight stitched around everything black will add picture of background quilting. The blue one I used a silver metallic and the creme background I believe was a varigated thread.Just did a back and forth allover stitch. I mainly wanted to knock the background down abit and bring the designs more puffy or 3D-ish and stand them out.

Stitched around all black and back and forth in Metallic for background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168942[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168936.jpe   attachment-168937.jpe  
Old 01-27-2011, 10:17 AM

Wow Judy, thanks for the quick reply and thank you for the pictures. Now I can really see what you did and I am eager to finish mine. As a matter of fact, you got me so motivated, I'm finishing it this weekend!!

I straight stitched around everything black will add picture of background quilting. The blue one I used a silver metallic and the creme background I believe was a varigated thread.Just did a back and forth allover stitch. I mainly wanted to knock the background down abit and bring the designs more puffy or 3D-ish and stand them out.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Wow Judy, thanks for the quick reply and thank you for the pictures. Now I can really see what you did and I am eager to finish mine. As a matter of fact, you got me so motivated, I'm finishing it this weekend!!

I am so Glad!Be sure and post your finish! I would LOVE to See it!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 PM

Beautiful Can you tell a new quilter about how you did it
Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM

My sister would love these! Could you post a link to purchase the pattern?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by quilting cat
My sister would love these! Could you post a link to purchase the pattern?
Please go to Page 3 of this post, for the horse Head ones in particular in will be the Nuts and Bolts site or the Quilts and stitches site (origial designer site). The other ones are for the other 2 that I posted earlier. If you aren't able to find it please let me know and will try again.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by debbieoh
Beautiful Can you tell a new quilter about how you did it
I am doing a Work in Progress of one similiar at
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-94031-1.htm
it will explain it a little more with pictures. The one I am doing there I am just now going to start quilting.
If you have any more question after looking there, Please feel free to ask if you need more info.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 PM

I found these so amazing. I called up the company and ordered them. Got the Horses...free spirit...that you have posted page 1.. Stunning work.. and then got the Cowboy one.. right under Free Spirit on the link you sent out..

The man I talked to at the company was very nice.. out in N Dakota.. he and his wife have the business..

Thank you for posting the link !!!!!!!!!!!

reposting their link..

http://www.nutsandboltsfabric.com/Pa...stineBump.html