Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments >

2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments

2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments

Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!
These are darling!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

What were some of these designers thinging!! Dkabasketlady when I looked at your fabric my response was OH, what the heck is that!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!
I love your shopping bags, where did you get the pattern? I have some fabric that I consider ugly that I could make shopping bags out of. Would you mind sending me a personal message with the pattern or at least where you purchased it.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 08:36 AM

OMG...Navarre what were you thinking? :shock:

DKAbasketlady, I really like your piece :lol:

Roda, your piece just leaves me speechless!

Good job ladies!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 AM

Rules & guidelines for this swap are posted in the Member Swap Section.

Just in case you missed it, here they are again.

For the Ugly Scrap Challenge, members post a picture of their ugliest fabric. The person receiving the most votes wins all fabrics submitted. Comments are appreciated, whether good, bad, or down right nasty!

Challenge begins Feb 1st and ends midnight Feb 14th, eastern standard time. Voting begins Feb 15th and ends on Feb 22nd.

Please remember to PM me if you want to participate in this challenge.

Rules:

1. Fabric must be cotton and a minimum of a Fat Quarter or 1/4 yard. Fabric entered last year cannot be used this year

2. Only one submission per person

3. Fabric must be washed and ironed

4. Winner is encouraged to post a picture of a completed project using all, or, some of each fabric received

5. All fabrics entered must be sent to winner within 10 days of end of challenge

6. All Quilting Board members are eligible to vote. Only one vote per person

Coordinated by: Twisted Quilter
(If you want to be added to this group activity, please send a private message to the coordinator.)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:03 AM

Had one worst than that one and made the outside dog a bed out of it she drug it out of the house and growled at it and wouldn't leave it in the dog house
Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by roda
Had one worst than that one and made the outside dog a bed out of it she drug it out of the house and growled at it and wouldn't leave it in the dog house
That's too funny! I guess it was UGLY!! We all know that our quilt inspectors have GOOD taste.

cjomomma, I don't know what my fabric is, but it looks like Alien's in LOVE,lol!! I'm sure it'll look fine in a quilt(a small amount of it), but I never would have bought this. It was in a fat qtr. pack and I just noticed it.

TwistedQuilter, so far your fabric is in the running and maybe you'll get my piece, lol!! I sure hope I don't have to keep it!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM

Uh-Oh...Roda has more than the required amount. There's a threat to possibly send more if she doesn't win. Things are really getting ugly now!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Wow PokerDiva...I'm thinking incense and brownies! :shock:
What kind of incense are you burning and what kind of brownies are you eating??? Am I telling how old I am and what I did in my younger days??

I agree with cjomma that those fabrics from Navarre & roda are b..t UGLY fabrics.

Carrie(cjommoma), I LOVE your fabric!! Take it out of the contest and send it my way(or hang onto it, I'll be back in KY. in April). Surely you can come up with something else to put in the challenge.

LindaB, I want those shopping bags! I LOVE them ALL of them!!

It seems like everyone is saying that they got their fabric in a grabbag. Well mine came from a grouping of fatqtrs.(blues) and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I had several picked out, but as I was going thru them again I found repeats in other groupings so thought I might possibly use them(since I'd have 1/2 yd. of matching fabric). If not then I can save them for the next Ugly fabric challenge, lol!!!
LOL would that be a loving alien envasion?? "V"
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Looking at some of them wondering what flavor brownies were being munched on :)

I'll hush, somewhere someone worked hard to create these masterpieces, then those O Quilters will chop it up and recreate to make something to snuggle with!! What's that called recycling?? LOL :)