Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2013-2014 Round Robin >

2013-2014 Round Robin

2013-2014 Round Robin

Old 01-17-2014, 02:16 PM

Oh brat I didn't know your kids were visiting that is awesome. I hope you all are having a wonderful time. My kids and I are headed to Oregon in about an hour. The older two are going to there other side of the family grandparents and then youngest and I are going to my parents until Monday evening. Mom and I will be sewing up a storm Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy your kids there is plenty of time to sew.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
spinner this group is now closed but you can jump on over to Elisabrats medallion style quilts in the block of the month section and join us and make your own along with the rest. Tons of people are doing it and it is so fun. I love what is being made and its only the first month so you will be right on track with the rest of us!

GOt your fabric yesterday Nexxus. Kids leave on Saturday sewing on Sunday!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:19 AM

I will miss them big time when they are gone but this moment.. I see this empty dinner table, and its NAKED it wants a sewing machine, a cutting board and all stuff.. I have.. itchy fingers! we had a literal blast yesterday .. went shooting and the kids were blowing up this item that is a small explosive one can buy here in WY and they were shooting three or four at a time big kabooom! and they loved it. and then they went fishing oh yeah and last but not least went to all those touristy shops in town. I care for only one so the rest were an ugh moment for me. rather go to a gallery and see gorgeous Yellowstone or bear or horse pictures myself. not really into shot glasses and tshirts but they were happy. so all is good on the Brat home front they can not wait to come back for more. Now that is a grand thing when your company is so happy to be here they are planning their next trip out and the next one and the.. lol.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:30 PM

Ok, I got Brat's done today. It's going to Jan tomorrow.

I more-or-less copied Lana's round, inverted the colors (a little) and did stars in the corner.

I'm going to hit Paula's this week and then Brat is sending me some pink fabric to use for Jan's so probably that will be this weekend/next week before it's done.

I had Brat's & Paula's here since Christmas but just haven't had a chance to work on them. Sorry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]457729[/ATTACH]
I promise that isn't yellow and sorry for the out of focus. I sneezed mid-picture and didn't see the shaky quality until after I'd packed it up for the mail.
Attached Thumbnails img_0479.jpg   img_0481.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 04:44 PM

I like it-especially the friendship stars in the corners. Cream is a hard fabric to take a picture of so no worries
Old 01-20-2014, 05:09 PM

I love it, love how one round is a bit quieter one round a bit wilder.. this is a perfect set up for another colorful round. thank you Kelly!

I finished all the nine patch blocks today for Nexxus. I have all four rows sewn minus the squaring off corners as I put the blocks on point so had to add setting triangles those are on.. almost done Nexxus! getting there worked all day but had to call it quits I am a bit pooped. kept dropping stuff which in my books is time to let I rest or you will blow it big time
Old 01-20-2014, 05:22 PM

I foundation pieced the stars because they were weird measurements. I just said, "EQ make this make sense" and out came 4 sheets. Voila.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:11 PM

yeah but first you had to learn the magic of equilter thanks again its perfect.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:26 PM

Mama Hauser it looks great.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 AM

It looks wonderful Themamahauser. I spent the weekend quilting with mom. I worked on two improvisational quilt tops for another website I am on then worked on my round robin top for the Cardinal group. I will attach pictures of them all if you don't mind. Ok well I will post the two improvisational ones here in a minute.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Ok on the scrappy log cabin heart one I put the checkerboard border on it. The the circle one I put wonky crosses on the border. I only did two sides of the border.

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
It looks wonderful Themamahauser. I spent the weekend quilting with mom. I worked on two improvisational quilt tops for another website I am on then worked on my round robin top for the Cardinal group. I will attach pictures of them all if you don't mind. Ok well I will post the two improvisational ones here in a minute.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg