Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2013-2014 Round Robin >

2013-2014 Round Robin

2013-2014 Round Robin

Old 02-14-2014, 03:24 AM

Hi ladies. This isn't the greatest picture but wanted to show you the backing fabric that I ordered. Both mom and I thought it was a perfect match. I can't wait to see what borders mom puts on it then the finishing borders. Since mom is the last border and she will be doing the LA'ing on it she will put additional borders on it to make it king size. Just so all you ladies know it has been an honor to work with each and every one of you. You all did different interpretation of me and hit it spot on. Thank you so very much.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 AM

Perfect backing Melinda! cant wait to see that quilt all finished man did it turn out beautiful Lana what will you do I wonder...

Happy Valentines Day ladies. I am going to miss this swap but wanted to say thank you for all the learning experiences, bumps, triumphs along the way. I am that much better for having done this. Yahooo!!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Perfect backing Melinda! cant wait to see that quilt all finished man did it turn out beautiful Lana what will you do I wonder...

Happy Valentines Day ladies. I am going to miss this swap but wanted to say thank you for all the learning experiences, bumps, triumphs along the way. I am that much better for having done this. Yahooo!!!!
Ditto all that Linda said!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM

Haven't thought about the next round yet for Melinda's top. Been busy with family and need to get two other round robins done first. Be patient and will get it done. happy Valentines to all.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Jan - I received my top! Sorry I have not posted before now - DH put the mail in the dining room which we have been using as storage for all our living room furniture while we have the floor redone!

I truly love it. All the rounds you ladies did are fantastic. Thank you all so much - this is a true quilter's quilt as it is just for me.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Glad you let me know, I knew it had been delivered and was getting a bit antsy.
Please say a special prayer for Linda tonight, her shunt quit working for the dialysis and she had surgery yesterday. They still could not make it work so she is in surgery or recovery as I type this. Prayers that it will work this time will be greatly appreciated. Her daughter will be flying into Cody tonight and we will go to Montana tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 PM

I am sorry to hear that. I knew she was going yesterday to have it "flushed" but had not heard that she needed surgery to fix it.
Special prayers for her and her family. Please keep us in the loop with her progress.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM

It wouldn't fix. She went into surgery again today and is now in much needed dialysis as I type. She IS spending the night and will bring her home tomorrow. The hospital believed me, I told them I was her sister and she needed to stay there and make sure everything is working good. "quilt sister" makes sense to me, and she will probably be very angry but that's okay will deal with that later.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:04 PM

Your best friend is always your sister. Please keep her there until they are able to get something working for her.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
It wouldn't fix. She went into surgery again today and is now in much needed dialysis as I type. She IS spending the night and will bring her home tomorrow. The hospital believed me, I told them I was her sister and she needed to stay there and make sure everything is working good. "quilt sister" makes sense to me, and she will probably be very angry but that's okay will deal with that later.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Thanks Melinda, I needed that. It's kind of been a tear jerker day today. I know she wanted to come home and be here tonight when her daughter got here, but it was a really stupid thing to do, IMO, so my big mouth just came right open to all those nurses. I'll deal with Linda's wrath later and apologize if I need to, but would rather have her still on this earth!