Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 3 weeks ago...

Wow I am impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK
    What a busy girl!!! Your quilts are beautiful!!
    Ditto!

That was a lot of work!!

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    Mine are out on the table waiting for you. When did you say you would be here? LOL
    Can't wiggle my nose to get there, sorry! :roll: And to tell you the truth, I'm definately "quilted-out"! :lol: So, it's your turn..........you can do it. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by debcavan
    Wow, you have got a lot done. And they are all wonderful. Careful with those sprays, they are hard on your lungs too.
    I'm one of the lucky ones, the spray has never bothered me. I can open as many windows as I want in that room...it's nothing but windows, so that helps too. Thanks for thinking of me... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
    great quilts please some of your energy this way lol
    Sending it................ :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by franie
    I am astonished! My goodness--were you chained to the sewing room? I don't use that spray but will keep the goo gonein mind. Your work is wonderful! Busy lady!
    I'm one of the lucky ones...I don't work. In that room most days from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a few breaks. With gas prices being what they are, do all my errands once a week (so no sewing that day). I know most aren't that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mimee4
    You have been quilting up a storm. Great work on each quilt. I especially like the scrappy strip quilt. Looks like one I should do and get rid of some of these scrap strips! Thanks for sharing.
    That's exactly what I was doing! I just grabbed any 2 1/2" strip that was less than WOF, cut them to 13", strip sewed together out of a paper bag without looking (using them as leaders & enders), then I trimmed to 12 1'2"squares. Added solids as sashings to work out in the zig zag pattern to spice it up. I was quite surprised at how I liked how it came out. Try it, you'll like it. :lol: BTW, many of my scrap quilts are done as leaders & enders; & before you know it, you're ready to put another top together, you've used up some scraps, and saved thread along with it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Wow, need a vacation yet? hehehe I just love your work, I really like the sampler quilts, since you are on a roll.... LOL Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful quilts!
    Actually, yes. I leave for N.C. on Wed. for a 3-week vacation at my daughters. We quilt together over there too (I have a machine of my own there, too)...& visit lots of quilt shops! I have done really well NOT buying much fabric this year...my stash is way out of hand (& so are my scraps--STILL!), but I rather doubt I'll be able to be very good while there. Hubby, grand daughter in my avatar, & I are driving up (oh, and the dog--cat will be boarded at my vet), the two of them & the dog will drive back on Tues. & I stay another 2 weeks & fly back...I CAN'T WAIT! :lol: That's kinda what spurred me on to get these done. I also have a craftshow 2 weeks after I get back, so will have to finish up stuff for it. Then a couple days after that I have to have right foot surgery, may not be able to drive (who cares?) or sew for 6 weeks. Let's see how long it takes before I figure out how to sew left-footed!!! :lol:

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments. Hope I gave some of you ideas for scrap quilts or quick donation quilts or ideas for using leaders & enders and coming up with a quilt with them. And the great cleaning idea with the Goo Gone. Happy quilting!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow! That's amazing that you got so many finished in that short amount of time. They are beautiful!!

Beautiful, you have been really busy.

Blog Entries
    wow you have been busy

Blog Entries
    You really turned out a load of work. I like all of them and think I may be able to make a few. Thanks for sharing.

Okay I got wore out just thinking about all of that sewing. Great job!

Wow... that's some work! Lots to be proud of.

Holy smokes, Batman! I think you deserve a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate! Have you slept or eaten at all in the last 3 weeks????

Great quilts, you have been very, very busy.

How great, your very own quilt show. Nice work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4