Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 400

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #8 Photos

  1. #1
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    2
    Please, post your photos of Block #8 here.

  2. #2
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    OK, here goes.

    Smallest leaf app. to next one and cut away behind
    Name:  Attachment-170074.jpe
Views: 572
Size:  49.2 KB

    Repeat, but with the next size
    Name:  Attachment-170075.jpe
Views: 573
Size:  42.3 KB

    Difference in colour is because I took this at night, sorry
    Name:  Attachment-170076.jpe
Views: 582
Size:  62.0 KB

    Leaves appd to green background, Then I sewed the green to the black, and again cut away behind.
    Name:  Attachment-170078.jpe
Views: 584
Size:  62.8 KB

    The hearts went on next
    Name:  Attachment-170079.jpe
Views: 579
Size:  73.2 KB

    Back, showing cut away parts (back to daylight now)
    Name:  Attachment-170080.jpe
Views: 579
Size:  78.6 KB

    Finished
    Name:  Attachment-170082.jpe
Views: 561
Size:  79.3 KB

    Detail
    Name:  Attachment-170083.jpe
Views: 582
Size:  57.5 KB

  3. #3
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    2
    Here is my Block 8.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    20
    Kathy and Lesley, all of your fabrics are just yummy.

  5. #5
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Beautifully made blocks

  6. #6
    Senior Member Wholeheart Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    603
    Dang....

    Those are some beautiful blocks! I really want to learn to applique with precision and beauty like you gals. My dream is make a beautiful applique quilt one day.... hopefully soon!

  7. #7
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Why donīt you join us because there will be a load of tutorials both here and on the Original Cyber sew Affairs of the heart Thread. You donīt have to do needle turn machine is just as good.

    Elle

  8. #8
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    Dang....

    Those are some beautiful blocks! I really want to learn to applique with precision and beauty like you gals. My dream is make a beautiful applique quilt one day.... hopefully soon!
    Especially as we haven't officially started yet - that doesn't happen until June, so you have time to practice first.

    Kathy, your block is lovely, that green sets things off nicely. Are you planning to have the same background in all four corners? I did in the end, just because I liked the symmetry.

  9. #9
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    2
    Lesley, I hadn't even thought about the same in the 4 "backgrounds". I didn't use the same in 8 & 11, so won't in the other 2.

  10. #10
    Super Member dove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,564
    lovely!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Wholeheart Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Why donīt you join us because there will be a load of tutorials both here and on the Original Cyber sew Affairs of the heart Thread. You donīt have to do needle turn machine is just as good.

    Elle
    Thanks for the invite.... I am going to hang out on the Cyber sew thread for a while and see what I can absorb. Maybe I will be joining you all in June!

  12. #12
    Super Member Ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,969
    Kathy, that block is terrific! You did beautiful work.

  13. #13
    Junior Member lisamortell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    151
    Lesley
    Thank you so much for posting the progression on your blocks I just ordered my pattern yesterday and plane to try to so this with all of you fellow quilters. I have never done this type of applique except for a short intro class and they said nothing about cutting away the back. So please post a much detail as you can and as many steps as possible it will help the beginners like me more than you know.
    Lisa

  14. #14
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by lisamortell
    Lesley
    Thank you so much for posting the progression on your blocks I just ordered my pattern yesterday and plane to try to so this with all of you fellow quilters. I have never done this type of applique except for a short intro class and they said nothing about cutting away the back. So please post a much detail as you can and as many steps as possible it will help the beginners like me more than you know.
    Lisa
    Hi, Lisa, it will be lovely to have you join us. I cut the backs of mine away as I want mine for a bed quilt, and this way it will 'handle' fairly softly, rather like a pieced quilt. The stiffest versions will be those that have had all layers fused and none cut away. They will make very good wall hangings. Then there are several options in between, depending on how the apps. are applied and stitched. You still have lots of time to practice before the official start.

  15. #15
    Super Member jacquie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    1,673
    these blocks are GOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!

    well done ladies!!!!

    i MUST make a start on mine!!!!

    you've got my mouth watering!!!!!

  16. #16
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    these blocks are GOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!

    well done ladies!!!!

    i MUST make a start on mine!!!!

    you've got my mouth watering!!!!!
    Don't forget Jacquie, that we have jumped the gun (JTG club), and there is absolutely no pressure to start - the official date isn't until June.

  17. #17
    Super Member jacquie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    these blocks are GOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!

    well done ladies!!!!

    i MUST make a start on mine!!!!

    you've got my mouth watering!!!!!
    Don't forget Jacquie, that we have jumped the gun (JTG club), and there is absolutely no pressure to start - the official date isn't until June.
    lol, i think my 'need' to start is due to a 'heart wrenching pull' to start these, not that i'm feeling pressured LOL...
    all these finished blocks are sew mouth 'wateringly' gorgeous!!! (if there is such a word!?!)
    i feel i want to start them and have them in front of me to look at & feel!
    (am i at the point were i'm needing help & rehab!?!)
    (i don't want rehab! i'm quite happy!!) lol...

  18. #18
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    these blocks are GOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!

    well done ladies!!!!

    i MUST make a start on mine!!!!

    you've got my mouth watering!!!!!
    Don't forget Jacquie, that we have jumped the gun (JTG club), and there is absolutely no pressure to start - the official date isn't until June.
    lol, i think my 'need' to start is due to a 'heart wrenching pull' to start these, not that i'm feeling pressured LOL...
    all these finished blocks are sew mouth 'wateringly' gorgeous!!! (if there is such a word!?!)
    i feel i want to start them and have them in front of me to look at & feel!
    (am i at the point were i'm needing help & rehab!?!)
    (i don't want rehab! i'm quite happy!!) lol...
    Well don't let me stop you Jacquie, once I started, I couldn't stop, and I've just finished the first 16, so I have the whole centre section done. What's more, I am hand app. the borders too (what was I thinking of?) Each and every block has been yummy apart from the one I was doing during a week of bad toothache, and I want to pet them all. Currently they are all on my design wall which is opposite my bathroom door, so I see them all several times a day!

  19. #19
    Super Member jacquie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    1,673
    that's lovely! always having them on show sew you can appreciate all your wonderful work & also the lovely rich colours and patterns!!
    i think mine will be a wall hanging, then i can see it all the time, it won't get covered in cat hair lol, or wrecked!! it deserves better!!
    such a lovely quilt! happy sewing!!

  20. #20
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    that's lovely! always having them on show sew you can appreciate all your wonderful work & also the lovely rich colours and patterns!!
    i think mine will be a wall hanging, then i can see it all the time, it won't get covered in cat hair lol, or wrecked!! it deserves better!!
    such a lovely quilt! happy sewing!!
    I have more beds than available wall space, hence the bed quilt!

  21. #21
    Super Member jacquie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    1,673
    hi here is my block 8 i did today. i haven't edged it yet, although i quite like it without the edging.
    still, i will look at that bit tomorrow.

    block 8...
    Name:  Attachment-174028.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  51.8 KB

  22. #22
    Super Member pattis47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    When you get to know jacquie, you will learn she will be a member of the JTG Club, since she is one of the Early Birds and also an Eager Beaver......just wait until you see her work. It is gorgeous. I am lucky enough to be the proud owner of some of her work!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    these blocks are GOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!

    well done ladies!!!!

    i MUST make a start on mine!!!!

    you've got my mouth watering!!!!!
    Don't forget Jacquie, that we have jumped the gun (JTG club), and there is absolutely no pressure to start - the official date isn't until June.
    Completed block 8 AOTH
    Name:  Attachment-174029.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  47.4 KB

  23. #23
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    2
    Jackie - WOW!!!

    Love the fabrics & your background. I wouldn't have thought about a blue like that for the background, but it's wonderful!!!

    Great job!

  24. #24
    Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    2
    Patti - Wonderful, wonderful! Isn't it amazing how the embroidery adds so much to the block!

    You're on a roll now! Good going.

  25. #25
    Super Member jacquie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    1,673
    lol patti, funny we both posted about the same time!
    this is my first block of AOTH.
    i really loved doing it! i could quite get addicted!! thank goodness there are a lot of these blocks to do, to satisfy my need to make more more more!!!!

    (you're such a flatterer by the way! behave yourself!! lol...)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.