Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: After all my hard work

I thought I took all the precautions to have a border to lay flat. I am just sick. Now to take it off and try again. The patckwork border is on the bias so I'm not sure I can ever get it to lay flat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is just STUNNING! You did a SUPERIOR job!!!

Sorry it doesn't lay flat .. but as they say it is all a learning experience.. what we do wrong this time we will NEVER do again!

Sorry about the trouble you are having with the border. I don't have any suggestions :( , but the quilt is beautiful :D

Beautiful quilt! I don't have any suggestions for you, I have some that come out wonky too

The quilt is just stunning!! (Borders are supposed to lay flat? How flat? :oops: )

Blog Entries
    It is so Beautiful. It's just spicail thats what makes it yours.

Quilt is just gorgeous and I am so sorry that it is not lying flat. Sound like you know what the problem is and hopefully you will be able to fix it.

Blog Entries
    THAT is one FANtabulous quilt!!!!!!! :P :thumbup: x 1796

i would remove the outer border entirely. the pieced border is wonderful and should be allowed to shine on its own. :wink:

steam press and hand baste the pieced border into submission as you sandwich it for quilting and then use the lighter green as binding.

that's my 2-cents, anyway.

It's beautiful! Sorry about the border, but it still is a beautiful quilt!

I agree with Patrice. It would be fine if you just removed the last border and binded (bound???) it after it's quilted. The quilt is drop-dead gorgous!

What a great job, even if the border is a little wavy!!

WOW!!!!!! Fabulous quilt!!

I also agree with Patrice! I think it will work better if you remove that last border!

Good luck with it!

Cheers
    Andrea

Hi. I also agree with Patrice. After you remove the green border steam "press" up and down motion not side to side the heck out of it and then baste carefully. The quilt is beautiful and you put a tremendous amount of work into that peiced border.
    Are you going to hand quilt or machine. It would be easier to attempt to flatten it if you hand quilt.

I just finished a mock Baltimore Alblum quilt from Mimi Dietrich's fabric line. It turned out well except for two corners. There is a ripple under each of them. They look fine on top. It is DONE!"

You are the only one who will know your quilt was not perfect everyone else will be busy admiring it and deservidely soo.

I love it!!!! Beautiful!!! What is the pattern called? :D

you could add a ruffle, or prarie points or scallops and wonky won't show...I know for sure cause I've done it :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

It is a beautiful quilt! Relax, and think about it before you do anything, and then do what you know you have to do! Breathe! :lol:

It's gorgeous! Patrice has a good suggest. If you can get the last border to play right take it off. :D

That is just beautiful. Sorry if it's simple and obvious but, did you measure length and width across the middle of the quilt and not the edges?

I saw a post somewhere about how LAQs fix a wavy border. It showed one in the frame before that was wavy and then said if the quilter has not pre-washed the border then steaming it (maybe starching too but don't remember), it shrinks up just a bit and straightened out. The before and after pictures had such a dramatic difference that it took me a moment to realize they were showing the same quilt.

Izy
    Just wanted to say that wavy or not, it is a beautiful quilt :D

Your quilt is beautiful. I think I would lean toward Patrice's idea, unless you need it to be a little bigger.

kpc
    I love your quilt it is stunning.

Blog Entries
    Love the quilt! Great colors and beautiful work! Sometimes you have to turn a blind eye to what isn't perfect. Most people will never notice. In one of my hotpads I put a half square block in backwards accidently and didn't see it til after the thing was all done and it sold anyway. Noone but me ever noticed even tho it changed the design! I guess they thought I meant to do that!
    I make bookmarks and that border would make a great bookmark or other small project. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Looking forward to seeing it when it is done! :D

That is such a beautiful quilt. I have a little suggestion. Someone in our Sewing Group did this and it was stunning. Cut twice the length of your longest length and gather both sides, draw it up to fit and the put on your border. Continue all the way around piece by piece. Just an idea, might be worth a try.
    :D
    Elle

Oh I am sorry this happened. I hope you can take out the stitches without making the bias go wonky on you. This is a very beautiful quilt with tons of work in it. I know you will fix it, and forget it ever happened.

I had a quilt setting out on a bed to make sure I was setting it together right and my brother sat on it. His butt caused some stretching of the bias blocks. I am not fighting with it to get them to lie right. People ...

There is a post somewhere here about spray starch taming a wavy border. I can't remember who posted it, but I tried it and it really helped.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast