Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Another find at a store

  1. #1
    Super Member newquilter10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois/Texas
    Posts
    1,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just had to post this. I hit a sale of 50% off and 15% off for senior citizen day and got all this stuff for 75 dollars.

    I got material, about 15 yards of material, 5 spools of quilting thread, two marking pencils, Simple circles (6), Diamond cut and perfect half-square, quarter square Triangles. I had fun, fun!!! I see this material in a quilt for sure.

    Some of the material was Kaufman.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  2. #2
    Super Member Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,903
    Great job of shopping now you can dig in.

  3. #3
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,994
    great shopping trip-have fun

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    211
    Are you in an R.V. ? I see a gauge next to your window - do you quilt on the road or just shop and quilt at home?

  5. #5
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    You had a good day. Happy Sewing.

  6. #6
    Power Poster ann clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Navan. Co. Meath. Ireland
    Posts
    15,127
    Great purchases

  7. #7
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,889
    You did well. Have fun.

  8. #8
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,505
    Blog Entries
    3
    You did extremely well! I would like the other size june taylor cutting mat (half square triangle one) Simple circles and thread... when are you going back! lol teasing .. great buys!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    389
    Blog Entries
    14
    Some of that looks like some I picked up not long ago at 50%off. It was an Alco store closing out the fabric department.

    Mary

  10. #10
    Super Member newquilter10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois/Texas
    Posts
    1,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    Some of that looks like some I picked up not long ago at 50%off. It was an Alco store closing out the fabric department.

    Mary
    Mary it is an Alco Store here in Gibson City, IL. I have been wanting some of the rulers but they are so expensive and just starting I did not want to spend a lot of money. I could not pass this up.

  11. #11
    Super Member newquilter10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois/Texas
    Posts
    1,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally Kathy
    Are you in an R.V. ? I see a gauge next to your window - do you quilt on the road or just shop and quilt at home?
    Yes I am in an RV right now but will be heading home. I will quilt in it this winter when we head to RGV. I have become hopelessy addicited to quilting and finding good buys!!! :-)

    I have another one to get busy on when I get home. We will be here for three nights and then back home.

  12. #12
    T-Bones mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    1,938
    Wow, you did good.I need shopping days like that.

  13. #13
    Super Member Friendly Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MO.
    Posts
    2,522
    Lucky you, you got some really great bargins.

  14. #14
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    new york state
    Posts
    10,516
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks like a fun shopping trip.

  15. #15
    Super Member madamekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    1
    I want to go shopping with you!

  16. #16
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by newquilter10
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    Some of that looks like some I picked up not long ago at 50%off. It was an Alco store closing out the fabric department.

    Mary
    Mary it is an Alco Store here in Gibson City, IL. I have been wanting some of the rulers but they are so expensive and just starting I did not want to spend a lot of money. I could not pass this up.
    I didn't know Gibson City had an Alco store or I'd have been there for their 50% off sale. They're only about an hour away, we go there to the drive-in theatre.

  17. #17
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    Congratulations! great buys, be safe on your trip back home and have fun!

  18. #18
    Power Poster earthwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    10,297
    Well done, excellent shopping skills! Your fabric looks really pretty, 'specially the yellow toned one.

  19. #19
    bkb
    bkb is offline
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    1,278
    There is an Alco in Newton and in Hillsboro too but they had a good sale last spring

  20. #20
    Super Member newquilter10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois/Texas
    Posts
    1,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Quote Originally Posted by newquilter10
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    Some of that looks like some I picked up not long ago at 50%off. It was an Alco store closing out the fabric department.

    Mary
    Mary it is an Alco Store here in Gibson City, IL. I have been wanting some of the rulers but they are so expensive and just starting I did not want to spend a lot of money. I could not pass this up.
    I didn't know Gibson City had an Alco store or I'd have been there for their 50% off sale. They're only about an hour away, we go there to the drive-in theatre.

    There are still lots of material and some rulers left; at least there were when we left. We got the 50% and then the 15% for Senior citizen which is 62.

  21. #21
    Debbie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Posts
    2,279
    Wow! Great shopping day!

  22. #22
    Super Member rootyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    9,684
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fun ahead!!

  23. #23
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Wow! What a deal!! Love that gold fab!! They all look great, anything with Kaufman on it looks great!! Have fun! ! :-D :-D ;-) 8-)

  24. #24
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    Wow, you did great. You hit the jackpot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.