Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
another homemade sewing table >

another homemade sewing table

another homemade sewing table

Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 AM

very creative. nice job
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Neat table & love you Singer sewing machine that is a treasure.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:29 AM

nice table. Good job!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:56 AM

I'm curious, what is that model Singer machine? I have a 99 and thinking of the same idea....
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jerudy
I'm curious, what is that model Singer machine? I have a 99 and thinking of the same idea....
Yes, it is
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sharoney
Originally Posted by Jerudy
Yes, it is
sorry, yes it is a 99
Old 02-27-2011, 08:32 AM

Great minds think alike!!!!! I had my husband make the part that you used the table for and then I covered it with contac paper. He cut out the space to place my WHITE machine in.
This "table" sits on top of another sewing table which was made decades ago and has the hole in it for my Featherweight. It actually was purchased in the 40s along with the Featherweight.
Now when I want to use the FW, I just lift the other top (which is not heavy) off of the FW table and place the machine.

A board member posted her extension table that she made herself out of plexiglass, so I thought y'all might like to see the sewing table I made.
I started with a 2 ft. x 4 ft. kitchen table that I bought at a garage sale for $20. I built a frame out of 2x4's to fit the outside edges of the table, and attached it to the table with screws from underneath. Then I cut a piece of chipboard to fit the frame, cut out a slot for my machine, and attached the chipboard piece to the frame with screws. Then I covered the whole thing with contac paper to make it slick and smooth. I have it pushed against the wall so my quilt can't fall off the back.
It works great and I'm proud of my handiwork. The whole thing, including the table, cost about $70.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Great minds think alike!!!!! I had my husband make the part that you used the table for and then I covered it with contac paper. He cut out the space to place my WHITE machine in.
This "table" sits on top of another sewing table which was made decades ago and has the hole in it for my Featherweight. It actually was purchased in the 40s along with the Featherweight.
Now when I want to use the FW, I just lift the other top (which is not heavy) off of the FW table and place the machine.

A board member posted her extension table that she made herself out of plexiglass, so I thought y'all might like to see the sewing table I made.
I started with a 2 ft. x 4 ft. kitchen table that I bought at a garage sale for $20. I built a frame out of 2x4's to fit the outside edges of the table, and attached it to the table with screws from underneath. Then I cut a piece of chipboard to fit the frame, cut out a slot for my machine, and attached the chipboard piece to the frame with screws. Then I covered the whole thing with contac paper to make it slick and smooth. I have it pushed against the wall so my quilt can't fall off the back.
It works great and I'm proud of my handiwork. The whole thing, including the table, cost about $70.
I love it! Quilters are always innovative and creative!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Boy, there sure are lots of talented people on this board.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 AM

way to go. its awesome