Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: another practice quilt

  1. #1
    Junior Member seahug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dothan .Alabama
    Posts
    167
    I had some halloween material and wanted to try a carpenders wheel. I found it to be pretty easy and fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  2. #2
    Senior Member beckyw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plum City Wisconsin
    Posts
    961
    very nice. what size block

  3. #3
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    wow, beautiful

  4. #4
    Junior Member seahug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dothan .Alabama
    Posts
    167
    its a 10 inch block and 9 1/2 inch blocks

  5. #5
    Super Member Deb watkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horseheads, NY 14845
    Posts
    4,038
    very nicely done!

  6. #6
    Super Member CraftsByRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,152
    How cute is that ... I love it ...

  7. #7
    Pam
    Pam is offline
    Super Member Pam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    3,713
    Fun, fun, fun!!!

  8. #8
    Super Member Gramof6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by seahug
    its a 10 inch block and 9 1/2 inch blocks
    But what size is the whole thing? I love it and you did a nice job on it. Thank You for sharing. :thumbup:

  9. #9
    Junior Member seahug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dothan .Alabama
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramof6
    Quote Originally Posted by seahug
    its a 10 inch block and 9 1/2 inch blocks
    But what size is the whole thing? I love it and you did a nice job on it. Thank You for sharing. :thumbup:
    its 88x88 I have to add the borders going to make orange 2 inch and the black 6 1/2 inch

  10. #10
    Power Poster dkabasketlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    10,215
    Very nice and spooky at the same time,lol! You're very creative to use Halloween fabric for this pattern.

  11. #11
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    29,360
    Very pretty and very bright, it looks Great. You did a great job.

  12. #12
    flutterby1197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    21
    A great imagination, it is really nice !

  13. #13
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,957
    That is so cool. I love it. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Heber City, UT
    Posts
    541
    Blog Entries
    3
    Oh, my goodness, Seahug! Wow! This is great!! You must have been sewing up a storm! Didn't you just get the pattern two days ago?? You're amazing!

  15. #15
    Junior Member seahug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dothan .Alabama
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by doowopddbop
    Oh, my goodness, Seahug! Wow! This is great!! You must have been sewing up a storm! Didn't you just get the pattern two days ago?? You're amazing!
    Hi and yes I just got the pattern. since my heart attack I don't have much to do so I sew all the time and sleep the rest of the time loll I even wake up in the middle of the night and sew some. PS the pattern is so easy thank you.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Heber City, UT
    Posts
    541
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by seahug
    Quote Originally Posted by doowopddbop
    Oh, my goodness, Seahug! Wow! This is great!! You must have been sewing up a storm! Didn't you just get the pattern two days ago?? You're amazing!
    Hi and yes I just got the pattern. since my heart attack I don't have much to do so I sew all the time and sleep the rest of the time loll I even wake up in the middle of the night and sew some. PS the pattern is so easy thank you.
    Seahug, thanks for the positive feedback! I'm so glad you liked the pattern. I teach this class in Panguitch, UT for a Quilt Walk Festival in June, and again in Midway, UT for the annual Utah Quilt Festival in October. I am so happy to know you thought it was easy and fun!

    My 4-H Quilt Camp kids made lap quilts with just the center section last summer, and my husband, who is a carpenter, loves his quilt that my daughters and I made for his birthday.

    I have slideshows of these on my website:
    http://www.quiltscapesquilting.com/slideshows.php

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.