Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Any body know the name of this quilt block? >

Any body know the name of this quilt block?

Any body know the name of this quilt block?

Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 PM

It's called Winner's Bouquet, a simple curves template, by Atkinson Designs, atkinsondesigns.com, when you buy the pattern it includes three acrylic templates. $30 for all. I bought one in a shop last fall in Texas and and started a batik Christmas wall hanging from it. Easy to sew. Don't let the curves scare you, was easier than I expected. I put the wall hanging away as it didn't get done by Christmas - but I will finish this year. On my to do list to do a full size quilt.

Originally Posted by kristen0112
I went to the Quilts by the Sea show (say that 10 times fast - sea show). This quilt is lovely but I don't know the name of the block and the tag was of no use anybody know?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Google Goddess

what is orange peel block

Eddie, I just looked at your blog, awesome!

Originally Posted by Eddie
Without the squarish things in the intersections it would be called an orange peel block, so maybe it's in that family of blocks. Beautiful quilt!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
what is orange peel block

Eddie, I just looked at your blog, awesome!

Originally Posted by Eddie
Without the squarish things in the intersections it would be called an orange peel block, so maybe it's in that family of blocks. Beautiful quilt!
Orange peel block is a 3-piece block that uses curved piecing. The center piece runs from one corner diagonally to the other corner and is shaped like a section of an orange.

And thanks for the kind words! :)
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady
It's called Winner's Bouquet, a simple curves template, by Atkinson Designs, atkinsondesigns.com, when you buy the pattern it includes three acrylic templates. $30 for all. I bought one in a shop last fall in Texas and and started a batik Christmas wall hanging from it. Easy to sew. Don't let the curves scare you, was easier than I expected. I put the wall hanging away as it didn't get done by Christmas - but I will finish this year. On my to do list to do a full size quilt.

I went to the Quilts by the Sea show (say that 10 times fast - sea show). This quilt is lovely but I don't know the name of the block and the tag was of no use anybody know?
THANKS! After I looked again at Tobacco Leaves I knew that wasn't it either.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady

You are awesome!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Sure do...........It is a variation of a drunkard's path....and the book/pattern I have is called WINNER'S BOUQUET......there are 2 templates included with the pattern. Depending on how you put them together, you can get a decent variety....this pattern is also nice with flannel for baby quilts. Check out AMAZON for this.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Google Goddess

I just did a search and found the pattern for us

WINNER'S BOUQUET #ATK-501
These gentle curves are fun to sew! Includes three acrylic templates and a complete pattern with easy to follow instructions.

wall, lap, twin, queen, king

$30.00

http://www.atkinsondesigns.com/patterns/

Picture # 1

Originally Posted by Shorebird
Sure do...........It is a variation of a drunkard's path....and the book/pattern I have is called WINNER'S BOUQUET......there are 2 templates included with the pattern. Depending on how you put them together, you can get a decent variety....this pattern is also nice with flannel for baby quilts. Check out AMAZON for this.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Don`t know the name but can see why you like it...it`s a beautiful quilt...
Old 08-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Google Goddess

Winters's Bouquet see my note above if you want to order it

Originally Posted by Evelynquilts
Don`t know the name but can see why you like it...it`s a beautiful quilt...