Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Anyone ever feel like abandoning a project >

Anyone ever feel like abandoning a project

Anyone ever feel like abandoning a project

Old 03-07-2010, 01:35 PM

I was making a stack n' whack with the most butt ugly fabric you ever saw. Didn't matter how you looked at it, it was ugly. Threw it out and haven't missed it once.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Yeah, I abandoned the last one I was making on my old machine. Nothing was lining up right (because I didn't have an accurate 1/4 inch), it was buckling and looked awful. I kept the pattern and will try it again later.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM

Cordelia - my tree skirt doesn't lie flat anyway since the tree stand is under there so why not just go on and use it for a tree skirt? Once a couple of presents are under the tree nobody will notice anyway. Or if you do like I do and wait to put presents out so they don't get opened early by little folk, just put a teddy bear or two under there.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 PM

The picture is missing :(
Old 03-07-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
I was making a stack n' whack with the most butt ugly fabric you ever saw. Didn't matter how you looked at it, it was ugly. Threw it out and haven't missed it once.
Sometimes a stack n' whack is the only merciful thing to do with a fabric. Ugly stuff need to be cut up. I, too, have abandoned a project now and then. Some are just too ugly to finish.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 PM

I have abandoned a couple of projects as well. Sometimes what starts out looking great in mind doesn't always translate quite that way in fabric. If nothing else, finish it up and give it away. Somebody else might think it is amazing.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by elfvinnd
I have abandoned a couple of projects as well. Sometimes what starts out looking great in mind doesn't always translate quite that way in fabric. If nothing else, finish it up and give it away. Somebody else might think it is amazing.
Exactly, that's why I want to see it, who knows I may love it. :)
Old 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM

We could always have a swap to finish the unwanted quilt tops, sometimes another quilter can put a creative spin on it to rescue the original design.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by elfvinnd
Exactly, that's why I want to see it, who knows I may love it. :)
We might have to pester Baren* until she finds another picture... this thread's a couple years old, but I want to see too!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:18 PM

I gave my daughter a project that I had started and wasn't happy with it. She finished it and I LOVED it!! I was so mad!! I wanted it back!!! So, stick with it and maybe you'll love it. Another quilt I made I was unhappy with and just didn't care for it and my girlfriends "kidnapped" it and had it machine quilted for me and it turned out better than I could have imagined! There was also a quilt that I hated making, it was just not fun and I made a lot of stupid mistakes and was tempted to quit, but I finished it and it is my friend's favorite quilt, so I'm going to quilt it and give it to her for Christmas (some year!) So, don't give up! I've made 3 scrappy purple quilts and they turned out just gorgeous.