Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone making a Halloween costume in between our quilting projects?

I made my grandson a dragon costume last week. He got it the other day and I think it might be worn out before Halloween gets here. I like all sorts of sewing but this was a project. I think many clothing and craft patterns must be written by tech writers, not actual people that sew. The tail was heavy and huge and one of the first things you do. So I was flipping that dang tail all over trying to get to other parts to sew. But it was done and sent and loved, so that is the whole point I guess.

Any one else making costumes for their little ones?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like he is standing on one of his dragon feet. My daughter will be fixing that, I hope. She also has to adjust the belly thing. I just tacked it on one side and she will put it where it needs to be. She is also putting some black felt on the bottom of the tail to keep it from getting a hole.

Blog Entries
    Such a cute dragon! I made my DGD a Dorothy dress and DGS a Scrarecrow costume. I will post pictures of them when they try them on.

that's cute, my little guy got a dragon hand me down costume. My friend gave it to me, so I don't have to worry about him.

Blog Entries
    My grandsons and daughter have been visiting us for a couple of weeks. One grandson is 4 and the other one is almost 2.
    I made them Mario brother costumes. They are Mario brother crazy in that house. I'll have to get my daughter to take a picture for me. I have to admit they are cute.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Cute dragon!

He looks so adorable! Such a cute little dragon. I made my grandson a elephant costume with trunk and all when he was 2 and it was a doozie to make. But then the granddaughter came along and mama started putting her in pageants at 4 mos old....talk about a job....the pageant dress was horendous compared to the elephant which I swore I would never do again. She's 2 now and still doing pageants....God help us all! lol

Yep, a marshmallow for the 11yo, a cute witch for the 13yo, the teens are being the Scooby Doo gang, so I'll probably have to do something; my cloak is done (Yes, we all still dress up!) and maybe a bakery uniform like Mommy's for my 6 month-old DGD...not much quilting going on right now!

Yes, I'm taking a break from quilting to make my 3 1/2 year old a lavender princess dress. However, she says she wants daddy to be a pony so she can ride him, and I'm not touching that idea!

Blog Entries
    Very cute lit'le dragon there.. :) you did a fantastic job on the costume.

I'm making my 4 year old grandson a Karate Kid costume. Last year it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Yes I'm making a Bo-Peep for my daughter Her baby girl is a lamb and Her 3 Yr old son is woody. They are all toy story 3 caracters.

Power Poster
    Cute!

Blog Entries
    "making" is the key word! no sewing..my DD bought white sweats, and a white hoodie for my 3 year old grandson..we took all our coupons to Joanns and got the colored duct tape
    Here is my little Buzz Lightyear!

Jack with his mom
    Name:  Attachment-91397.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  51.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

No sew Halloween for me this year! Originally thought I was going to have to make a Peacock Princess costume for my 5yo daughter and a Percy the Train one for my 3yo son, but on a recent trip to walmart they both saw costumes they had to be so now I have a "cheetah fairy" and a "Pit Crew guy". Fine by me!

And I love the dragon and the buzz costumes! What a great idea with the tape on buzz lightyear!

Blog Entries
    I've made costumes for my daughter and grandchildren until they were too old to want them anymore. I also did the dragon, and sewed the foot on wrong three times. Like you said, it certainly was a project. The tail was a chalenge, but it turned out so cute. I really miss making them.

I made a bow tye, suspenders, and 3 fabric pom poms for my 22 year old daughters clown costume. Does that count?

i have to make the prom dress that Molly Ringwald wore for the movie Pretty In Pink. When I look at the pictures....it isn't a very flattering dress for our daughter, who is a size zero. I don't even know where to start. Well, I shouldn't say that, I have started by purchasing the fabric. It is sitting in a bag in the corner, with a count down to halloween sticker on it. Geeze!

LOVE the dragon and the buzz costumes.I got lucky this year, my DD bought mario and lugi[sp]so I dont have to make them.Last year I made a wizard costume for DGS and his black cat for DD.They always wear costumes that go together,policeman and prisoner.Dr and patient.DGS has won best costume a couple of times.

last year, a pirate made out of old curtain, and a peacock...this year is much easier.....a box of free puppies and a fairy

box of free puppies
    Name:  Attachment-93566.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  51.8 KB

peacock and pirate
    Name:  Attachment-93567.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  58.6 KB

fairy in progress
    Name:  Attachment-93720.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  58.8 KB

Made my furbaby a pumpkin costume, have to make the other one hers not sure what she will be yet...... I know I'm crazy, but love to take pictures of the two when they are dressed for Halloween. They pose so good for me I will post pictured after I finish the girl's costume..........Michele

I made a dragon costume for my kids when they were little used a piece of Hot wheels track for the bottom of the tail!

What creative people! I have made costumes for my kids and grandson forever. I have always enjoyed doing it. We don't always get to create fantasies like we do for Halloween.
    One year I got a frantic phone call from my older daughter about my oldest grandson. I think he was about ten. He could not decide what to be that year and then finally decided he needed to be a boxer. I told her, that would be easy, just go buy a robe. But no, no, no, he wanted to have a gold robe. They don't have those at Macy's. So on the 25th of October, I am trying to find a robe pattern and gold fabric. Luckily my Walmart had what I needed and I got it made quick and priority mailed to him. The things we do for our kids, LOL.

Blog Entries
    Awww what adorable youngin's! I love all of the costumes :D:D:D