Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: April Showers bring May Flowers....

So I'd like to know what April SNOW brings. We are under a winter storm warning and the white stuff started about 20 minutes ago....they are predicting 15 - 20 cm of snow with ice pellets and freezing rain too! We are going to get a little bit of everything it seems. :(

I just know those blue camels are going to appear again if this keeps up! LOL
    Name:  Attachment-8664.jpe
Views: 70
Size:  32.0 KB

Izy
    Awwhh shadowdancer cheer up and if you haven't looked at the flower pictures on the thread i posted last night have a look, it surely won't be long before spring arrives for you. :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    WHERE are you?? I'm so sorry.

Hey Shadowdancer- we who are 'blessed' with an abundance of snow are sending it to Terri in Guam.... apparently she is 'cursed' there and doesn't have snow.... how sad for her............ :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Walking in a Winter Wonderland....and only an hour or so later...

It's a Marshmallow World! LOL
    Name:  Attachment-8740.jpe
Views: 70
Size:  24.5 KB

Shadowdancer,

Look at it as a blessing! Now you can hibernate again and get more of those beautiful quilts made. I love to sew when it is raining or snowing. It is just so peaceful.

Debbie

bj
    It does look pretty. We did a little landscaping (for color) yesterday. Last night we had a thunderstorm with hail, but I think my little baby flowers are going to be okay :) My car, however, got a couple of dings. I haven't made the first car payment yet :) Still...life is good!

Our neighbor thought spring was here...she put out her moon-glo lights yesterday...they look kind of nice in the snow...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my, you must be way up north. Well..., when the snow melts there will be nice moist soil for the flowers to peep up with. :D

I can't believe it's April and you're still getting snow! It's 83 degrees here today in Virginia. I feel your pain!

I just sat out my plants in the sun, my spare bedroom was my greenhouse. :lol: :lol:

Cheer up! Spring is just around the corner for you.

XXX for a license plate - Shadow, you're not one of THOSE dancers, are you? Say it ain't so!

Spring has got to get your way soon.

Oh i hate when that happens and that is the storm heading for the ohio valley over the weekend. On goes my heat again. So Sorry

LOL No Moonpi, not me...that would be my neighbor...maybe she dances by the light of her moon-glo lamps! LOL

OOOOHHHH i just read this again...that is so not an image I want in my head.... if she is one of those dancers, i don't want to see it... LOL

oooh Shadow I'm sooo sorry to hear you are getting dumped with more white stuff!! here in NL we REFUSE to see any more of that stuff.. we had more than enough of it...

This afternoon I checked the weather conditions in Cuba.. today it is sunny and 28 degrees... sigh... 3 more sleeps!! I'll think of you all and have a drink for everyone.. ooh Lord.... I"m gonna be drunk the whole time I'm there in that case!! LOL

Snow days are great sew days Shadow!! Summer WILL show its face to us eventually!!

Here in St. John's, its sunny periods and about 6 degrees ... ugg.... too cold for my taste.. I HATE the cold and loooooooooooooove the heat!

Blog Entries
    Wow! Winter in April! I can believe you're tired of it! Does it get very hot there in the summer? Will you be like tinhri and wish for snow then? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Hey Shadowdancer- we who are 'blessed' with an abundance of snow are sending it to Terri in Guam.... apparently she is 'cursed' there and doesn't have snow.... how sad for her............ :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Yes, send it ALL to me!!

Shadow, are you completely buried now???? Wow. It was 70 in southern Maine today, but windy. Feel so sorry for you!!!

We're forecast for some of that white stuff for today and tomorrow. I hope they're as wrong as usual. :)

M

Shadow,

You are either in Minn. Wisconsin, or one of the Dakotas. We woke up to about an inch in the Twin Cities, but that melted away quickly. It spit snow off and on all day on Sunday.

We move next weekend to Northfield, MN where it snowed also. The winter this year is cruel. It gives us some warmth, and then takes it away. I would love to be working on a quilt, but my quilt supplies are packed away for at least a month, if not more.

So, by now the snow should be gone where you are. Almost, if not totally. Remember... there is only one month that it has NOT snowed in Minnesota--July!

Anita

Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm so sorry about the darn April snow! I put out my garden and it frosted last night :evil: It sure looks goofy now...buckets over every single 1 of my plants..looks like a pretty funny crop, but hopefully I saved it all. Yesterday the corn started coming up for heavens sakes!!

Anita, I'm in N.W. Ontario, Canada and we got another 3 feet last Saturday...winter sure doesn't seem to want to leave us this year. :(

Ok, I just got a GREAT idea!
    Those of you with snow, just send me a plane ticket. I'll come visit and chase the snow away. Seems where ever I go, there's NO SNOW!!

Shadow,

I knew where you were... only I forgot!! And I forgot our Canadian members altogether. You get it worse that we do in Minnesota! Spring really can't be that far off, can it? I guess I won't grumble about our measly inch or so...

Anita