Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baby Quilt - to be done by Sunday! **FINAL PIC ADDED PAGE 5 - PARENTS OPENING THE QUILT**

Great job, That was fast work :D

Aren't kitties wonderful. I use to have to put my pincushion in a drawer as my kitties would pull the pins out and drop them all over the floor.

I like your quilt, too. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome you finished it, I knewyou could do it and it came out beautiful.

Beautiful quilt Mary, the binding and the ribbon added just the right touch. :D

Pretty, pretty quilts and cute, cute kitties. Thanks for sharing both.

Blog Entries
    Love the quilt and the cats are adorable. And as much as I love cats, I can't be around them, I am severely allergic to them.

Your quilt is sooo cute. Modern and retro both. I love the fabric.

That turned out beautifully. Were you able to sneak it away from Satchmo and Kitchen? :lol:

That quilt turned out super pretty are you having a hard time getting it away from Kitchen? lol

Banned
    Thats is pretty. Great job kiddo!

PrettyKitty:
    I just noticed what you are hanging this gorgeous quilt on. Two skirt or trouser hangers! What a great idea. I have a ton of those hangers and now I know what their best use will be! I'm always pinning things to the drapes, clothes pinning quilts to boxes, etc. Now I'll just hang them on the hangers! Thank you.

Thank so much for all the lovely comments, I am so chuffed with it and glad you all like it too. Thanks so much for all the advice, tips, encouragement you have all given me.

Here's a pic of Stu & Gill and baby Lottie in the church just after the Baptism. My brother took pics of them opening the quilt at the party afterwards, (they LOVED it), I will post them when he emails them to me. Gill said that Lottie loves bright colours and shapes, so the fabric and pattern is perfect for her. Everyone was SO impressed and asked me what classes I had taken to learn how to make it. I said "no classes, but I have some great friends who I have learnt from and they give me advice!"

The Baptism was lovely, brought a tear to my eye, and Gill's parents hosted a party afterwards at their house, it was a sunny day and we all had a lovely time, some nice food, a yummy cake and some champagne!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awww, how sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Love the quilt and the cats are adorable. And as much as I love cats, I can't be around them, I am severely allergic to them.
    That's a bummer, Henry. I love cats too but my hubby and sons are severely allergic. I want a kitty so bad. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
    Thank so much for all the lovely comments, I am so chuffed with it and glad you all like it too. Thanks so much for all the advice, tips, encouragement you have all given me.

Here's a pic of Stu & Gill and baby Lottie in the church just after the Baptism. My brother took pics of them opening the quilt at the party afterwards, (they LOVED it), I will post them when he emails them to me. Gill said that Lottie loves bright colours and shapes, so the fabric and pattern is perfect for her. Everyone was SO impressed and asked me what classes I had taken to learn how to make it. I said "no classes, but I have some great friends who I have learnt from and they give me advice!"

The Baptism was lovely, brought a tear to my eye, and Gill's parents hosted a party afterwards at their house, it was a sunny day and we all had a lovely time, some nice food, a yummy cake and some champagne!

Can't wait to see the pics of Mum and Dad opening the quilt. :D

What a beautiful picture! They look so proud and happy! What a pretty pretty baby!!

Here is Stu & Gill opening their quilt
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOw are they surprised or what :cry:

They look thrilled!!!!!

Your quilt was a huge hit--you can tell by the big smiles :D The baby is precious too-thanks for sharing this story with us. It makes a quilt so much more personal when you know more about it.

Absolutely great work! I am certain the parents will enjoy your gift - as will the baby. I agree with jbsstrawberry - the baby is pretty too.

I am a little worried about your kitties though - they seemed to love it too. Have you started a new project for them? Or at least for their approval?

Your quilt is beautiful, and judging by the looks on the parents' faces, you've scored a bull's eye! Well done! That's the kind of reaction we always hope for when we make a quilt for someone!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
    Here is Stu & Gill opening their quilt
    Awww! They look so happy. :D

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the wonderful comments once again. This quilt really gave me confidence, I didn't think I could get it done in time, and was pleased with how it came out too.

And Rein, yes, the kitties miss it (I miss it too, keep looking at the pics of it,lol), but I just started another baby quilt tonight, they have already inspected the blocks I have done, they approve so far! And don't worry, I won't bug you all with day by day updates on it! This one is for another friends baby who turns 1 year old at the end of November, so I will be taking my time on this one!
    Mx

Izy
    Mary...we all enjoyed following you on your venture to finish this quilt, it was great fun watching it evolve :D

I for one look forward to watching your progress with your second quilt, what design are you doing?? (See - you gotta reply!!! :lol: )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast