Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby quilt pics I never put up

Okay, I would like to apologize to everyone who commented on my questions for pre-washing a baby quilt. I said I would post the pics of the finished product and never did. There's a short story behind it that I'll share.
    I finished and for the first time machined quilted it myself...thank you. Just stitch-in-the-ditch, but it looked good. Send it to my niece, and...nothing. No call, no email, no nothing. My husband finally sent her a note on facebook asking if she even got it. Yah, she said she did, but that was it...AHH!!! Do you know how much freakin' work went into that?! Oh my goodness, i was floored. So anyway, I backed off quilting for a while and didn't realize the response I got on my post.
    So I'd like to say thank you to all of that took the time to respond and say you liked the quilt. It really made my day.
    So....here's the pics of my finished product.
    Maybe I should have posted this under pictures instead? Oh well.

Front
    Name:  Attachment-173930.jpe
Views: 132
Size:  3.32 MB

Binding
    Name:  Attachment-173931.jpe
Views: 99
Size:  3.40 MB

Quilted back
    Name:  Attachment-173932.jpe
Views: 104
Size:  3.29 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's sad that common courtesy seems to have gone out of style. Your quilt is quite lovely and I am sure the baby will enjoy it. Do keep coming back here. There is always much to see!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Well phooey on her. The quilt is lovely.

Beautiful quilt. Don't let her lack of response stop you from quilting. Make a quilt for yourself instead.

Your quilt is beautiful!!!

Blog Entries
    I had a the same experience with the first baby quilt I made and gifted. Nothing.........I asked the grandma did they get it she said yes and they loved it. That's it. Soooooooo As some one has on their signature..."The gift is in the Giving". I was pleased with my gift and am not responsible for their response. I'm on to other quilts and other gifts:):):)

Some people just don't get it...It is beautiful!! Don't give up because of what she did or didn't say....

Its beautiful....I love the color purple!

Looks great!!! Don't let her response discourage you!!!!

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful...your niece is out of line. I have had the same sort of things happen...lots of work...no response...Just make a note to self--won't be making anymore quilts for that person...wish it was different. It seems that "common courtesy" is not so common.

It sure is a beautiful quilt. That baby is pretty lucky to have recieved it, even though the mom hasn't learned any manners.

Cool quilt!!! You did a GREAT job with the quilting....I have to do meandering 'cause I can't do a straight line..LOL!

bj
    It's very pretty! I've given up on some of the younger ones in the family. I have one niece who is always quick to respond and appreciative of what you do for her. And a couple who never acknowledge anything. And I hate to admit that I'm more willing to do for the one who appreciates it.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    It is sad that your work, time and love was not appreciated. Wonderful, fun quilt ! Note worthy I'd say.
    Shame on the mother. We wait to hear with every mailing.

I give it Children's hospital.. Comfort quilts. This would be a wonderful quilt and ... appreciated !
    My daughter in-law is a nurse at the hospital. Each quilt is always appreciated.

Think about that, use your talents, yes you have talent, and enjoy working with fabric for a reason !
    Bless you,
    Ell

I bet almost all of us have shared your experience. I hate to say it, but I only give my hand made gifts to people that I know will appreciate them. I've been sewing quilts and projects for a long time, almost all are gifts. Same thing happened to me recently for a small child in my family in January. Still haven't heard a word. But what I did was make a fleece throw with her name embroidered on the back, nice gift but not a timely project. I enjoy doing it and also learned to say "no" as well. I think your baby quilt is great and I hope you enjoy making all your future projects....

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna H-M
    I bet almost all of us have shared your experience. I hate to say it, but I only give my hand made gifts to people that I know will appreciate them. I've been sewing quilts and projects for a long time, almost all are gifts. Same thing happened to me recently for a small child in my family in January. Still haven't heard a word. But what I did was make a fleece throw with her name embroidered on the back, nice gift but not a timely project. I enjoy doing it and also learned to say "no" as well. I think your baby quilt is great and I hope you enjoy making all your future projects....
    Well said Donna.

a regular here
    Don't let her bad manners get you down. The quilt is very lovely and would be cherished by anyone else. You have done a wonderful job. Chin up, and just go on from here.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I have one Great Niece, or is it Grand, who sent me a hand made thank you card as a 9 year old, now she's a late teen...nothing, no thanks ever since then. Guess who ain't agonna get any more presents from this old broad?

But the neighbor has a 12 or so year old son, who rushes out to help me carry heavy stuff, and every so often will mow my lawn and flatly refuse to accept pay. Guess who's gonna get a nice gift for his upcoming birthday?

PS...absolutely LOVED that quilt.

Love the purple. It turned out lovely and you should be very proud of your first quilt. Just keep in mind that not all young people have the manners that they should. Plus, no one truly understands the work that goes into a quilt unless they either quilt or live with a quilter.

I promise that if you make me a quilt I will rave and send many thank yous. PS - my favorite color is green. :)

I am not sure when it became okay to be so rude!!! There seems to be a lot of that these days. I am careful who gets my quilts now. The ones that have never said even a simple thank you sure don't get a second one.

Donna H-M - learning to say "no" is hard, isn't it? I never stop being amazed at the number of people who barely know me but ask me to make them a quilt. I just posted last night that I think my new answer will be "Yes, I'd be glad to make you a quilt. In return you can buy the paint and paint my house."

The color is beautiful! I'm sorry you didn't get a more positive response and appreciation of all the time you invested in the quilt.

What a fabulous quilt. I'll bet the baby loves it!! What is it with some folks nowadays?

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm sorry too. You're all right, people that don't make quilts do not understand what goes into them. I will definately have to be more selective with the gift giving.
    NanaInVirginia, I'm going fabric shopping Friday ;).
    Thanks all, I'm glad you all understand.

Very nice job

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast