Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Baby sized quilt done >

Baby sized quilt done

Baby sized quilt done

Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM
Lori...love the quilt and the fact it's for safe child...we do love to use our scraps up and they are very loved by the kids that receive them. I'm learning to FM on the donation quilts too...I cut out over 60 from just my scrap pile, could do 60 more, but I think 60 right now is enough and I hope to get most of them done by the time Shawna (and you?) finish the time in charge for Safe Child...BTW, are you Shawna's friend Lori? If so, "hi"--it's Shawna's mom. And if you are...see you in May!
Vicki, I'm just a member of guild, not on any of the committees. I just joined last November, so this is my first charity quilt. The star I am working on is for the wheelchair quilt group. Where you there for the February meeting? I thought she was pretty funny and some of the wearable 'art' was hilarious!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

Ohhhhhhh how cute. It'll make some child happy AND warm
Old 03-02-2009, 10:28 AM

I just love the Classic Pooh fabric that you chose to make this darling baby quilt. I know that it will be well loved. You are such a kind person to do such a nice thing. :D :D :D :D
Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Sorry, Lori...I thought you were another Lori...I wasn't there in Feb. I visit my daughter 2-3 times a year and usually go to the guild meeting with her while I'm there...I send her quilts I make for donation so she can donate them there. Some have gone to safe child and some to quilts on wheels...we all know they are much appreciated by the receivers. Good for you...being a new member and already donating and such a darling quilt as it is. I hope to be there for the May meeting. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:14 PM

This is so cute....gives me a lot of inspiration. Seems like a flexible pattern!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 AM

Very nice! Glad to see the use of the bright colors. This will be a wonderful gift. This piecing pattern is very similar to another posting I saw just the other day. I wanted to show it to someone else, and now I can't find it! The large squares were a snowman print, and the stripes were red, green, white. The width of the solid color strips were at a slightly differnet ratio, and they had the effect of forming "frames" around the large squares. If anybody can tell me where to find that picture, I'd appreciate it!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

fun fun fun ! how did you quilt this? Machine? Long arm?

I love the three strip then full block.. really bright ! Baby will love it ! partents will too !!

Ell
Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger
fun fun fun ! how did you quilt this? Machine? Long arm?

I love the three strip then full block.. really bright ! Baby will love it ! partents will too !!

Ell
I have a Grace frame that I use with my Janome 6600. It works great!