Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Bags and stuff

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    89
    Hi! First I would like to share with you some bags I have sewn. I really enjoyed doing them and I have given most of them away. My problem is that I don't know how to fix zips on the bags so i just attached magnetic buttons on them. I think zips would be better and preferred.
    Also I have a pic of my rail fence top. Pl tell me how I should quilt it. No FMQ please! That I can't do. :(
    THANK YOU!!!

    22-piece diamond bag
    Name:  Attachment-161131.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  72.1 KB

    This Friendship Bag is made from cloth samples
    Name:  Attachment-161132.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  81.7 KB

    My first Rail Fence
    Name:  Attachment-161133.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  57.6 KB

    Small bags all given to little grandnieces
    Name:  Attachment-161134.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  45.0 KB

    These 2 are waiting to go to the next charity sale.
    Name:  Attachment-161135.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  50.0 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,589
    I love your rail fence and your bags are just perfect! So far my quilting consists of ITD!

  3. #3
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Wonderful projects!!

  4. #4
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,994
    great job on all

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,386
    they are all beautiful

  6. #6
    Super Member GwynR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Spokane, Wa
    Posts
    1,200
    They are all very cute! The friendship bag is my favorite!

  7. #7
    Super Member CAgirl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,007
    Sorry I am not much help with how to stitch your top, but I did want to say that your top and all of your bags are simply amazing!!!

    thank you for sharing.

  8. #8
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    love the bags!

  9. #9
    Super Member MommaDorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sully, Iowa
    Posts
    2,506
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'm not much help on the quilting either, but I love the bags. Which pattern is that?

  10. #10
    gippergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ruskin, Florida
    Posts
    5
    Beautiful job...where can I learn how to make bags like these...I am new to this site and would like to expand my horizons...lol

  11. #11
    Super Member quiltgrammyt2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,416
    Nice job!!Your Rail Fence is very pretty. :thumbup:
    Love the bags but my fav is the 22-piece diamond bag. :D :thumbup: :-D

  12. #12
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by CAgirl1
    Sorry I am not much help with how to stitch your top, but I did want to say that your top and all of your bags are simply amazing!!!

    thank you for sharing.
    I agree!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, PA
    Posts
    675
    Beautiful quilt and bags. Waiting to hear replies on the quilting, have made a top using that pattern.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    I'm not much help on the quilting either, but I love the bags. Which pattern is that?
    The Friendship Bag tutorial is at "p.s.i quilt".
    I'm sorry I don't have the pattern for the Diamond Bag. If I come across the pattern online I will post it.

  15. #15
    paintedquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,702
    Beautiful :!:

  16. #16
    Super Member kathdavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    2,499
    Blog Entries
    2
    Bags are great! FMQ is really fun. I took a short class and it gave me the confidence to go for it. Practice on small sandwiches of muslim and batting. Give it a try. You will never learn any younger.

  17. #17
    BMP
    BMP is offline
    Super Member BMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,504
    Blog Entries
    4
    Love the bags, I have turned into a bag lady !!!

  18. #18
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,326
    I love the bags and the rail fence. They are lovely.

    Sewfine

  19. #19
    Super Member MommaDorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sully, Iowa
    Posts
    2,506
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by juniemoon
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    I'm not much help on the quilting either, but I love the bags. Which pattern is that?
    The Friendship Bag tutorial is at "p.s.i quilt".
    I'm sorry I don't have the pattern for the Diamond Bag. If I come across the pattern online I will post it.
    Thanks, Juniemoon!!

  20. #20
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,481
    Love them all!

    I prefer snaps to zippers on my bags because, unlike purses, I take a bag because I need something bigger and I know I will be sticking my hand in it frequently.

    I did the stitch in the ditch on my rail fence. Actually, I stitched right next to the ditch, it was easier to do.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    119
    love the black and white bag also the last one. what is the name of the last bag

  22. #22
    Junior Member Deb53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    146
    Love the bags.
    Concerning the rail fence quilt - a lot of times I find
    points to "connect".
    Maybe go from the dark blue points down on an angle to each point and then to make an "X" effect, decide where you will connect other points.
    Don't think I'm explaining myself enough but perhaps you'll get the idea.
    There's an example attached.

    There's always a way to tie the quilt every 6 inches or so instead of sewing.

    Good luck on this project. Please show us a photo when it's finished.

    Shows angled sewing from point to point instead of free motion
    Name:  Attachment-161500.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  51.9 KB

    Shows sewing from point to point
    Name:  Attachment-161501.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  39.8 KB

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb53
    Love the bags.
    Concerning the rail fence quilt - a lot of times I find
    points to "connect".
    Maybe go from the dark blue points down on an angle to each point and then to make an "X" effect, decide where you will connect other points.
    Don't think I'm explaining myself enough but perhaps you'll get the idea.
    There's an example attached.

    There's always a way to tie the quilt every 6 inches or so instead of sewing.

    I get what you mean. Thanks!

    Good luck on this project. Please show us a photo when it's finished.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by juniemoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb53
    Love the bags.
    Concerning the rail fence quilt - a lot of times I find
    points to "connect".
    Maybe go from the dark blue points down on an angle to each point and then to make an "X" effect, decide where you will connect other points.
    Don't think I'm explaining myself enough but perhaps you'll get the idea.
    There's an example attached.

    There's always a way to tie the quilt every 6 inches or so instead of sewing.


    Good luck on this project. Please show us a photo when it's finished.
    I get what you mean. Thanks!

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by charwhit
    love the black and white bag also the last one. what is the name of the last bag
    It's made up of 22 square pieces. I think it's called the Diamond bag. Sorry, don't have the link to the pattern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.