Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
beautiful bird quilt!!! >

beautiful bird quilt!!!

beautiful bird quilt!!!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
Originally Posted by vschieve
I have two round placemats qulted together and just need to make binding to go around. I have one rectangular finished and just need to sew down border edge. Have three more to make as far as the birds go. I am looking for the picture of the fishing set, all laid out on my neighbor's dining room table since she has the same size table as my friend in Seattle has.
Goodness!!! They are adorable. I love it all :)
That is very creative of you. I see you made a bag for the fish set to go in too. So neat...all of it.
Yes and I plan to do the same with the bird set. However the girl is coming from Seattle this Wed and of course her's is all ready but I have a long ways to go on the bird set for the one here in Austin. Well show more later! I love this bird material and she is just going to be so surprised, well they both will.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Simply beautiful! The top and the quilting are just lovely!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM

I have two round placemats qulted together and just need to make binding to go around. I have one rectangular finished and just need to sew down border edge. Have three more to make as far as the birds go. I am looking for the picture of the fishing set, all laid out on my neighbor's dining room table since she has the same size table as my friend in Seattle has.
That is very creative of you. I see you made a bag for the fish set to go in too. So neat...all of it.
Yes and I plan to do the same with the bird set. However the girl is coming from Seattle this Wed and of course her's is all ready but I have a long ways to go on the bird set for the one here in Austin. Well show more later! I love this bird material and she is just going to be so surprised, well they both will.
They sure will be surprised. It is wonderful what you did with that fabric. I can't wait to see the whole set of the birds. The bird fabric is so pretty. I really like the towel you did too. :) That is tweet!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM

I am also into making tote bags; oil cloth lunch bags, and many other things. The towel and potholder is the one I learned on and made in class. Here are two other bird towels to go with the set.

Made in embroidery class
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169951[/ATTACH]

applied pattern from class and made bird towels for the set.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169968[/ATTACH]

Guten is German for Good; girl getting it is of German descent, like me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169969[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-169946.jpe   attachment-169963.jpe   attachment-169964.jpe  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:11 PM

I am also into making tote bags; oil cloth lunch bags, and many other things. The towel and potholder is the one I learned on and made in class. Here are two other bird towels to go with the set.
Lunch bags...I should be making them. I have an 8 yr old that leaves them everywhere...lol.
Those are really nice. :)
Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 PM

lovely quilt.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Your quilt is beautiful and love the bird fabric.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 PM

wow that fabric makes me drool, it is so gorgeous!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:58 PM

Wow I am a bird lover, where did you get this fabric? Love it
Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Anamafajo
Wow I am a bird lover, where did you get this fabric? Love it
Would you believe WalMart. Hancock Fabrics has it too. There is a coordinating piece also with same birds on smaller scale and more flowers and landscaping. V.I.P. fabric by Cranston Village.