Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bird Quilt needs a better name - suggestions? >

Bird Quilt needs a better name - suggestions?

Bird Quilt needs a better name - suggestions?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Sweet Tweets!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM

Gosh that is so pretty. I love it. I don't know what name I would give it, but it sure is great!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

First, I have to say it's a beautiful quilt, especially displayed on the back of your love seat. I might be tempted to call it "Birds of a Feather", but you'll find the right name for you. You did a great job on your quilt. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 PM

Bird Sanctuary. It is a truly beautiful quilt. Nicely done!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM

Beautiful quilt! How about 'Birdsong', 'Feathered Friends' or 'Bird Love'.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:55 PM

Very nice love the prints. suggested name -" our fine feathered friends"
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 PM

sorta depends on who it's going to. that helps you choose the name. beautiful quilt.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM

How about Hummer Summer? Beautiful quilt
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
What an absolutely beautiful quilt. Almost cannot believe that it is a disappearing 9-patch. All the fabrics came together so nicely. Are some of those bird fabrics from Legacy Studio's Nestled in the Branches fabric? I have a collection of those which I want to use for a bed quilt. No matter what you name it, the quilt will still be fabulous!
Yes, some of the fabric is from Legacy Studios.

Originally Posted by Gerbie View Post
Hummers are my absolute favorite of all of God's birds. DH & I have 8 feeders out for them at present and probably will add more as the season progresses. They have to have this little nourishment with it being so dry and no flowers to really feed on around here. Where did you get your hummer fabric. I have looked for some for quite a while now, as I am wanting to make a quilt with just hummers on it, can you share where you found this fabric?
The hummingbird fabric is from JoAnns Fabrics by Susan Winget “All a Flutter”, but I don’t think it’s available any longer. Perhaps with a web search you could find some, but I haven’t been able to. I did find this link . . . http://www.springscreative.com/fabri...ic-collection/ but I don’t think you can order it here. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I love the hummers, too, and planned this quilt around some of the fabric I had left over from another project.

Thanks again to everyone for the lovely comments and great name suggestions. I am going to keep this quilt for use in my family room as you see pictured here. I even made coasters with leftover fabrics. Name to be decided on Friday. I didn’t actually like the quilt when I first started putting it together, but it grew on me. I’m not too into scrappy, but by the time I put together all the fabrics I had collected, it started looking pretty scrappy. Now I love it.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM

From the Native American Encyclopedia----Hummingbirds are always depicted in their symbol as a mated pair as a symbol of love, devotion, permanence, eternity and life cycles. Because of its speed, the hummingbird is known as a messenger and stopper of time. The idea of ‘time standing still’ is often related to a couple in the first months of knowing each other and falling in love. The hummingbird is remarkably brave and are not afraid of any predators – love conquers all. The Hummingbird tell us to savour every sweet moment as they do when hovering over each flower, another analogy for love. Native Americans believe that it brings good luck to see a Hummingbird before major events.....so-Savor the moment or The messenger...now that you've said it's going to be yours...you could incorporate "love" in there somewhere.

Last edited by mrsjdt; 04-24-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: saw her post about keeping it