Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Birds wall hanging

  1. #1
    Super Member Cuddly Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tzaneen, South Africa
    Posts
    1,326
    I have fallen in love with freezer paper piecing. I found these stunning bird patterns from Germany and have made 2 out of a set of 6 for a wall hanging for a friend. I am so very happy with how these have turned out, that i cannot wait to make a couple more different birds. The birds will be bordered with black and professionally quilted. Approx 11 inches by 7 inches. I cannot wait to see the finished wall hanging. ;-)

    Green Finch with border
    Name:  Attachment-231953.jpe
Views: 96
Size:  48.9 KB

    Crested Tit with border
    Name:  Attachment-231954.jpe
Views: 87
Size:  46.1 KB

  2. #2
    Senior Member Teapots and Quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne IN
    Posts
    327
    Oh, they are so wonderful! I especially love the Crested Titmouse!

  3. #3
    Member ej180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    90
    Gorgeous!

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    9,333
    Those are beautiful.

  5. #5
    Super Member needles3thread's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,367
    I like them very much.

  6. #6
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    42,935
    Blog Entries
    45
    those are wonderful!

  7. #7
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,194
    really cute birds.

  8. #8
    Super Member boohoofish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    2,434
    Anxious to see the rest and completed project. Very nice.

  9. #9
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Those are beautiful!

  10. #10
    Senior Member klarina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    887
    they are absolutely beautiful. Love them.

  11. #11
    llcathey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    451
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love how the paper piecing turns out but sure don't like taking the paper off,your's turned our awesome

  12. #12
    Super Member Cuddly Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tzaneen, South Africa
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by llcathey
    I love how the paper piecing turns out but sure don't like taking the paper off,your's turned our awesome
    If you use freezer paper, you stitch next to the folded edge and DO NOT SEW onto the paper then fold and iron. The removal of paper is so easy, you just pull and it comes off in seconds. Fantastic.
    http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

  13. #13
    Power Poster alikat110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    15,217
    Blog Entries
    9
    Beautiful

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Nice work. They are lovely.

  15. #15
    Super Member Toto's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    1,776
    Beautiful birds!!! Love them!

  16. #16
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,415
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    I have fallen in love with freezer paper piecing. I found these stunning bird patterns from Germany and have made 2 out of a set of 6 for a wall hanging for a friend. I am so very happy with how these have turned out, that i cannot wait to make a couple more different birds. The birds will be bordered with black and professionally quilted. Approx 11 inches by 7 inches. I cannot wait to see the finished wall hanging. ;-)
    Have a look at Regina's website, too!
    http://www.reginagrewe.de/index_e.html
    I also use freezer paper and have done several of hers! Nice work on your two!

  17. #17
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    13,134
    Awesome!

  18. #18
    Super Member cathylynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    1
    your birds are wonderful. great job.

  19. #19
    llcathey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    451
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by llcathey
    I love how the paper piecing turns out but sure don't like taking the paper off,your's turned our awesome
    If you use freezer paper, you stitch next to the folded edge and DO NOT SEW onto the paper then fold and iron. The removal of paper is so easy, you just pull and it comes off in seconds. Fantastic.
    http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21
    Im going to try this and see how it works thanks for the info

  20. #20
    Super Member Cuddly Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tzaneen, South Africa
    Posts
    1,326
    Have a look at Regina's website, too!
    http://www.reginagrewe.de/index_e.html
    I also use freezer paper and have done several of hers! Nice work on your two![/quote]

    Thank you very much - this is where i bought my patterns from. Her designs are stunning. :thumbup:

  21. #21
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Posts
    6,226
    So beautiful! I like them both, but especially I like the green finch best; but I like the border with the titmouse,too!

  22. #22
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,480
    Beautiful

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,805
    Beautiful! I think I love the first one the most?

    Kat

  24. #24
    Super Member Scissor Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    4,829
    These are going to be sooooooooooo cool when they're done!!! I can't wait to see them all together!

  25. #25
    Senior Member scrapykate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    728
    Wow, so neat!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.