Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Birthday Cards

Have been making customized embroideried and quilted birthday cards. Here are my latest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How sweet they are! Too bad my birthday is not for a few months yet. I love the little pink kitty. Very vintage looking.

Blog Entries
    Very cute!

Hubs would love that last one ;-) Very nice.

That's a cute idea for a keepsake. You did a nice job.

I tried to think of something that would mean something to each recipient. The first one is a friend's that has cats and loves to cook. The second one is for my BIL who is always going to Outer Banks. Third is a for a friend who likes to fish.

Now as for how long I will do this, who knows. Really makes this little pea brain of mine work hard deciding what is just right for a person. LOL

What a great idea. Those are very cute. A gift and a card all in one.

Cute and great idea :thumbup:

I would never think to do these. Very good idea. Such a great job.

Really Cute.

Obviously you know how to do it, and do it very well (the cards are really fun) but it seems this might be a good way for a novice to try free motion quilting. The size wouldn't be overwhelming for a first or second attempt. I'm thinking of someone like me! I could applique something in the center (I've tried embroidery; it didn't like me) and quilt around that. Thanks for the idea and your recipients will love the cards.

very cute!

Very cute!!

Oh my goodness! These are just adorable. You are very creative and do lovely work. Thank You for sharing.

All are nice but love the kitty in the tea pot... yes it dose look vintage....
    ConieF

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
    Obviously you know how to do it, and do it very well (the cards are really fun) but it seems this might be a good way for a novice to try free motion quilting. The size wouldn't be overwhelming for a first or second attempt. I'm thinking of someone like me! I could applique something in the center (I've tried embroidery; it didn't like me) and quilt around that. Thanks for the idea and your recipients will love the cards.
    Yes, Mrs Fitz, it would be a great starting point for free motion quilting. Or for folks like me that only do hand quilting on regular quilts :wink: Also works good for trapunto work on cards/postcards.

What I did as cards was utilize some computer note cards that you can get from the office supply stores. Either print out your message before sewing "finished work" to the card or you could handwrite afterwards. Something I wish I had done before sewing work to card was printed the "label" to the backside (left inside of card) of the work. But I did handwrite that it was made especially for them by me afterwards. Will remember to print it on there from now on.

Very nice. Great idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by racnquilter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
    Yes, Mrs Fitz, it would be a great starting point for free motion quilting. Or for folks like me that only do hand quilting on regular quilts :wink: Also works good for trapunto work on cards/postcards.

What I did as cards was utilize some computer note cards that you can get from the office supply stores. Either print out your message before sewing "finished work" to the card or you could handwrite afterwards. Something I wish I had done before sewing work to card was printed the "label" to the backside (left inside of card) of the work. But I did handwrite that it was made especially for them by me afterwards. Will remember to print it on there from now on.

Your cards are such a wonderful idea for personalizing a card. I think I will design one for my mother. She will appreciate it. Thank you SO much for sharing the pictures of your beautiful and creative work. Linda

Blog Entries
    Cool ideas!

Those are so cute. What a great personalized card for someone. You are so creative. Great job. Thanks for sharing.