Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Block Drive Blocks >

Block Drive Blocks

Block Drive Blocks

Old 09-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Default Block Drive Blocks

It's been a while since I've posted a picture of anything I've made. I'm part of an every other month block drive for quilts for dying patients who don't have time to enter into Hospice. The host makes quilts for these patients & then the quilt goes home to the family after their loved one is gone. She has a block drive every 2 months (giving us a pattern to use & color theme). We can make as few as one block or as many as we want. The blocks are then sent to her & she arranges them into quilt tops & quilts them & then passes the quilts on to the Chaplain in the hospital to distribute. One of my blocks may show up in one quilt or she might use several of mine in one quilt...just depends on how they play with the other blocks that she has.
I've put together 9 blocks so far & they are on my design board before sewing them into individual blocks. So far, I like what I've put together for blocks. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails block-drive-2-.jpg  

Last edited by osewme; 09-05-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:05 PM

Very nice quilt block. When my mom passed last week we were gifted with 2 quilts. One for me and another for my sister. They do make a difference. I am not sure what I will do with mine yet.
Just know you do make a difference
Old 09-05-2021, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Looks good!
Old 09-05-2021, 12:24 PM

Julia, it is nice to hear that they are appreciated. I make and donate to hospice. They are not particular about what size I make. That makes it easier on me. I just make whatever pattern I like. Depending on how much fabric I have on hand decides the finished size. They also ask for baby quilts. Nice fall colors in your blocks osewme
Old 09-05-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
Very nice quilt block. When my mom passed last week we were gifted with 2 quilts. One for me and another for my sister. They do make a difference. I am not sure what I will do with mine yet.
Just know you do make a difference
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I pray for peace & comfort for you & your sister. Thank you so much for the input on the quilts. Every now & then the host of the project will be asked by a love one to share their feelings about receiving the quilts & it warms my heart to know that they have helped the grieving family & that I played a small part in helping in that way. Hugs!
Old 09-05-2021, 02:54 PM

Nice autumn colors.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:44 PM

What a thoughtful and gracious donation!
Old 09-06-2021, 03:16 AM

What a perfectly simple but interesting pattern for these donation blocks. They whisper autumn.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Absolutely bright, beautiful colors. Sure to make the family feel better.