Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blocks for baby quilt

Well heres the top done except for the block for the baby info. Talked to the gramma yesterday Lalaith may be here by end of the week. Mom is about 4 cm dailalated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

beautiful, simply beautiful............the mom will love this for sure. and the baby will love it to.great work.

Beautiful! good job!

I love it !!!! Too pretty! :thumbup:

I also know nothing about machine embroidery. But, I do love fairies and flowers. They look lovely. I'd love to have an embroidery machine. Maybe one day.

lin
    Omgosh that is so gorgeous ceanna!! She's going to treasure that for years and years. :)

By the end of the week? (Don't they usually go ahead and admit them at that stage?) Anyway, that's so exciting. Hope all goes well. :) :)

Ceanna, great job, I always have a time getting all those unnecessary threads cut off. It's too cute.

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival, she will be so happy cuddled up in such a wonderful quilt.

Oh wow, I'm speechless, this is amazing! I love the colors together. What a great sentimental gift. You want to make another one? I'll send you my address. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Ceanna that is soooooo pretty, good job :D :D :D That is one very lucky little girl, I bet this is the blanky that never leaves her side! :D :D :D

If you remain really bothered by the lack of definition in the faces. You could always use some of the embroidery thread and do a little handwork on the eyes and mouths to give them more deffinition.

Well here is the final block for the quilt. Mom and baby are doing fine. Grandma is still on cloud 9 we have hopes she'll be back to earth by the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

lin
    That's just wonderful ceanna! :)

Spectacular!!! Its breathtaking! Congrats all around!! (the Fairie Tea Party is my favorite too)

Hello,

I have been doing a lot of machine embroidery like yours. The puckering is most likely a stabilizer problem. I use a paper, iron on, tear away stabilizer made by Sulky. It is called "Totally Stable". On top of the iron on I use a crisp tear away stabilizer. Your tension could also be an issue. What type of machine are you using? What size designs are you using? Also what brand thread do you use? I have had very good luck with Madeira Poly Neon.

I have the same design collection that I plan on putting up on my website. I will stitch them out on my Ellegante and post some of the pictures. I have been trying to start a business selling embroidered quilt squares. My thought was to provide the ability to include machine embroidered squares without having to own an embroidery machine.

Let me know how you make out.

Cheryl

Blog Entries
    very pretty......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2