Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Blue Infinity Bargello >

Blue Infinity Bargello

Blue Infinity Bargello

Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 PM

Very nice.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:24 PM

It's truly beautiful! I want that book! Visitors coming in a few weeks...maybe I have time to order it from Amazon....
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 AM

Looks like you have about 10 colors in your design. How about if you stitch straight lines opposite corner to corner in rows 1,2,9&10. Then in the center 6 rows do 1 large row of feathers following the curves of the design.
Beautiful quilt. On the black makes it really POP!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 AM

It's truly a work of art!
I love the colors.
I'm yet to try a bargello!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:51 AM

Is that ever gorgeous! It appears to be "floating" (in space).
Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 PM

eileensquilting wrote:
Hi Lorie
Your blue Infinity is lovely. I had mine professionally long arm quilted. Nadia did a freehand paisley pattern in the dark and light sections with a matching thread - one lighter and one darker. Then she did tiny freehand loops and swirls in the black background with black thread. She repeated that design in the outside border and did the tiny folded insert border in the ditch with invisible thread. I think the quilt is too beautiful for ordinary stipple but I am a little bit prejudiced. My long arm quilter is so talented. If I can help further by all means let me know.
Cheers - Eileen Wright - author: Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts.

Who better to take advice from but the author of the pattern herself I'm honored to have had you look at my version of your quilt. Thank you

Originally Posted by dsb38327
It is wonderful. You did an excellent job. You can be
very proud.
Hello again, when your post popped back to the top I had to look again, then I had to read all the responses because I enjoyed them so much the first time and there are even more now that I didn't see the first time.
I love your Bargello, your work is excellent and your quilt is stunning. What an honor to have the author drop in, see your work and compliment you so highly. :thumbup: I am so pleased for you and I am very happy to know your Mom is also a Quiltingboard member. I know she is soooooo proud.
How to do the quilting? If I had the coins for the longarmer I would do exactly what the 'author' suggested. You will have bragging rights for generations to come. :). I quilted my Swish on my domestic machine. I did stitch in the ditch down each seam top to bottom of the quilt. Then I came back and put a decorative stitch down each seam top to bottom of the quilt, matching my thread to the fabric color. I have my fabrics ready to cut my next Swish and am very interested in trying the quilt as you go strip method. I just can't get a visual of what the quilt would look like with no quilting stitches showing on the top of the quilt.
Your quilt is wonderful. Congratulations again on your work and your visit from the pattern's author.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Beautiful work.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:23 AM

Oh my gosh, what beaut. choices of fabrics. I have this pattern but haven't had the courage to start yet because of the fear of choosing fabrics that work together.

Great job.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:43 PM

WOW WOW that is BEAUTIFUL
Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM

Thank you again to everyone for your kind words and praise!!! Coming from such a talented group of quilters as the folks on this board.....I can't tell you how much it means :)
As for an update on my bargello......I'm still stalling on having it quilted and I'm not really sure why. I think when I decide on the perfect place to hang the quilt, it'll be sent off to the longarmer lickedly split :)