Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue and whites - thanks Rhonda and Chele!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hello all!

I just pieced a couple of blue and white wall hangings from my collection of Dutch fabric!

The pinwheels and prairie points is a version of the one Chele did recently and the star is from Rhonda's star point technique. Now they're in the queue to be quilted!

Hope you like them! :D

K x

I love this technique - thanks Rhonda!
    Name:  Attachment-34094.jpe
Views: 333
Size:  60.6 KB

First attempt at prairie points - fiddly but fun!
    Name:  Attachment-34098.jpe
Views: 329
Size:  40.0 KB

OMG! They are wonderful!!! I can't stop staring at the second one. Wow!

do you need my addy for the chele inspired one??? I'm not sure you have it!! Wouldn't want my pretty prezzie to get lost in the mail!! :twisted: :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    OK - so that's one each, girls is it?! :D

Ducky, take a look at Rhonda's free tutorials if you haven't seen them yet - I made the second one using the star points method. It was easy and fun to play around with the layout and point matching was a cinch! http://www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com/pages/mainpg.php

K x

Very nice indeed!

I love both blocks! They are absolutely stunning!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I'm quite pleased with them and the great thing is, they're on my WIP list, ie I had 'blue and white projects' as an item on the list so everytime I see a pattern I like, I can make it in blue and white and tell DH - 'it's not a new project, it's on my list'! LOL

K x

PS Must also say I was going to do one big quilt with the B&W but then someone on here posted a pic of a group of small B&W wallhangings over her bed - I'm sorry I don't remember who but thanks for the inspiration!

Izy
    Wow K, you have been a busy bee too!! I have the Chele quilt on my wanna do soon list, I LOVE those prairies set in the border, your work is beautiful, looking forward to seeing more,

Rhondas techniques are just so fabulous, the block is beautiful :D :D :D

..................NOW, go on hurry hurry hurry do some more for us to see :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Very beautiful, I love both.

Ninnie

Oooo, great job! Especially love the first one.

Wow -- both are so pretty!! If either one of them needs a home, mine is available :roll: :roll:

OK -- how do you get your pinwheel middles to lay flat????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Hello all!

I just pieced a couple of blue and white wall hangings from my collection of Dutch fabric!

The pinwheels and prairie points is a version of the one Chele did recently and the star is from Rhonda's star point technique. Now they're in the queue to be quilted!

Hope you like them! :D

K x
    I love love love the color combos you used!! Especially the star point!!

I tend to want to use the same color ways all the time. I am trying to break out of my rut but if it doesn't look right to me I can't do it!

I was so exstatic when I figured this block out! It opened a whole new world of piecing for me!! I was so excited I wanted to show someone! So you guys are my someones to bounce ideas off of!!!

I love to look at other peoples interpretations. I look forward to seeing what everyone does with their fabric choices and how they choose to use the "Blocks"!!!

I am thinking this "Block" will be the next one in the EBook series. I am working on a Kaleidoscope one now but this block will be the next one to show my original designs and ideas and more projects!

Very pretty, nice work :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Wow -- both are so pretty!! If either one of them needs a home, mine is available :roll: :roll:

Think that should be flattish! The trick is to press the seams open when you join the squares ( said so in the tute!) http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/03/...aby-quilt.html

Thanks for all the compliments, I do love doing these little projects, instant gratification! BUT my quilting queue is growing!

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Rhonda, I would NEVER have attempted angles this acute without your technique so you bounce away girl!

K x

Think that should be flattish! The trick is to press the seams open when you join the squares ( said so in the tute!) http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/03/...aby-quilt.html

Thanks for all the compliments, I do love doing these little projects, instant gratification! BUT my quilting queue is growing!

K x
    Well, duh -- and I even printed that pattern out....OK, ANOTHER senior moment??

k3n
    Blog Entries

Well, duh -- and I even printed that pattern out....OK, ANOTHER senior moment??
    :wink:

K x

Blog Entries
    Rhonda, I would NEVER have attempted angles this acute without your technique so you bounce away girl!

K x
    Thanks K3n I keep trying to express to people that it is so thrilling that you can get such intricate designs with such easy steps!!! But people look at what looks so hard to do and they turn away without giving it a chance.

I have a hard time getting people to understand that they don't have to do miniatures to use the methods!!! I just prefer to do minis but they don't have to~~

So having someone like you try out the methods and tell people how easy it is really helps!! I don't know what your skill level is I wasn't refering to that. Just good to get an independant opinion!!

Thanks so much!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Thanks K3n I keep trying to express to people that it is so thrilling that you can get such intricate designs with such easy steps!!! But people look at what looks so hard to do and they turn away without giving it a chance.

I have a hard time getting people to understand that they don't have to do miniatures to use the methods!!! I just prefer to do minis but they don't have to~~

So having someone like you try out the methods and tell people how easy it is really helps!! I don't know what your skill level is I wasn't refering to that. Just good to get an independant opinion!!

Thanks so much!!
    My machine piecing skills are fairly basic - I mostly did hand work til I joined this board. I really struggle with HSTs etc the traditional way, getting the points to match :evil: But I'm persevering and making myself choose patterns that use them!

I like your way for making small pieces and using scraps and the traditional way for making lots the same. I did however use yardage for this piece and I wasted some fabric but it's not really waste - I made some HST blocks with the larger scrpas and some crumb crazy blocks with the small bits - these will be used in a future piece! Your way for these sharp points is the ONLY way I'd attempt at this stage!

With regards to not having to be miniature - for info, the star point blocks finished at 3" plus seam allowance - I guess you can make them any size you like, I just happened to have a square template that size!

K x

Blog Entries
    Nice work on both. I love blue & white quilts.

Very nice. Like the second one!! Love blue & while together.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks girls!

K x

Blog Entries
    Love Blues and Whites, Very Nice :D :D :D

Beautiful!!

Blog Entries
    Wow I really like the second one, they are both nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast