Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bonni's Pix >

Bonni's Pix

Bonni's Pix

Old 05-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Here is another cheater cloth that I got off of Ebay. It is a fleece fabric. I bought two of them and gave them to my two graduate assistants in my office. They were identical. I originally had only bought one but when the other one saw me working on it they raved so much about it I lucked out and managed to get a second one. If either one saw me working on it, I just told them it was for the other women they shared the office with. :) It's all hand sewn. I also stitched around the figures to make them stand out a bit more. When it came to gift giving, the two women debated for over 10 minutes about which package they wanted for themselves. I had them wrapped up in heavy dark garbage bag (the only thing I could find that fit) so they couldn't see what it was. They were both surprised when they found out they each got one.
OK, you are now scaring me. I lost the African ladies on e-bay probably to you and I ALSO got the Keith Mallet mothers and made it into a wallhanging. I framed mine on a stretcher after I did some heavy machine quilting to it and a little thread painting. I have been looking to get it again with no luck. I also did his Celebration into a wallhanging. I love fabrics with any African theme.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73891.jpe  
Old 05-26-2010, 05:31 PM

LOL. Ok, you'll enjoy this story then. I thought I'd do another African themed small wall hanging for my office. So I turned to eBay of course. There I found it. It was a smaller panel around 18 inches if I remember right. I won the bid and looked forward to getting it. It was reds and blues which would work wonderful in my office and had two or three women silhouettes carrying something on their head. Anyway it never came and i contacted the seller. She said that she had sent it but had another so she sent it to me which I got. (here's the part you'll laugh over). I received the second shipment and took it to work to show my quilting friend at lunch only to discover that I couldn't find it! I have YET to find that 18" piece of fabric. One day it will (I hope) show up so I can quilt it.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 PM

Go check the post above. I added a picture of mine.

LOL! Did you loose it at work? I too had a quilting buddy at lunch time. Since we lost our job we haven't met to quilt again. I mat call her tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Wow I love the African themes!! Awesome!!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:42 PM

I LOVE that! I found that if I want to get African fabric that Ebay is the best place (besides my boss--grins). I odn't know where i lost the other fabric. I'll have to look again for it now.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Here is another cheater cloth that I got off of Ebay. It is a fleece fabric. I bought two of them and gave them to my two graduate assistants in my office. They were identical. I originally had only bought one but when the other one saw me working on it they raved so much about it I lucked out and managed to get a second one. If either one saw me working on it, I just told them it was for the other women they shared the office with. :) It's all hand sewn. I also stitched around the figures to make them stand out a bit more. When it came to gift giving, the two women debated for over 10 minutes about which package they wanted for themselves. I had them wrapped up in heavy dark garbage bag (the only thing I could find that fit) so they couldn't see what it was. They were both surprised when they found out they each got one.
What a clever, cunning idea!! Well done!!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. Your Gran's quilt is lovely, but how you have worked with those African prints is gorgeous. Your workmates must LOVE having you around. Look forward to seeing more of your creations.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:49 PM

Thank you for the praise but I really don't think I did much with the African ones since they were cheaters cloth. Don't get me wrong, I was totally pleased with how they turned out and my one graduate assistant told me the other day she has to fight with her son for it on cold days. He's around 5.

I am in the middle of figuring out an applique project right now. More on that probably on another forum since I will need to pick everybody's brain on this one. :)
Old 05-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Ooooo, ahhhhhh, love 'em! :thumbup:
Old 05-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Google Goddess

cool