Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Boston Bruin's quilt top >

Boston Bruin's quilt top

Boston Bruin's quilt top

Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by dmackey
It still needs borders, but I'm loving how it is coming out! The design is my own and I got the embroidered blocks from a vendor on Ebay last year. The one thing I am concerned about is that I didn't shrink the fabric the embroidery is on, so I'm hoping it doesn't cause a problem.

I am going to quilt some hockey players in the diamond blocks in a black thread (from www.quiltrecipes.com), and I found some hockey sticks to quilt in the corner stones, but not sure what I will do for quilting the rest of it just yet. I've spent hours viewing digital quilt patterns online and have not found anything I like just yet.

No quilt police please! I know I messed up a few points, but my 11 year old nephew is not going to care!

Diane
what a beautiful quilt...here is mine of my team (not the greatest picture taker though)

Pittsburgh Penguins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124500[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124495.jpe  
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Hi Diane, This is wonderful! My "maybe-sometime-soon-son-in-law" just asked me to make him a Boston Bruins quilt. Would you mind if I made one based on your design? As they say, "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery!" Thanks, Sandy :wink:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 PM

MattieMom,

Sorry this reply is a year late, but I never saw this post!

Please feel free to use the design. It is just two standard blocks.

I will have to get a picture of it with the quilting, because the diamond blocks has a hockey player stitched into it in black. I got the designs from quiltrecipes.com. There were 12 different designs and I had 12 blocks to fill. Only problem I had was it wasn't that easy to center the hocky players, but I did my best. Will post a pix soon.

Diane