Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buggy Barn quilt

Hey,

I should be getting ready for the move but however, I was on a quilting class today - started to work on my first Buggy Barn quilt ever.
    Here are a couple of samples of the "Ohio Star" blocks. I really enjoyed the pattern, easy once I figured out the idea behind it.

Buggy Barn Ohio star #1
    Name:  Attachment-13794.jpe
Views: 294
Size:  58.9 KB

Buggy Barn Ohio Star #2
    Name:  Attachment-20124.jpe
Views: 268
Size:  56.6 KB

Hi Nina, Isn't that the weirded way to make a quilt you ever saw? I took a class last year and made the Doggie quilt. What a blast!! I entered mine in our quilt show and won 2nd with Peoples Choice. I love the fabrics you used on your star block.

Janstar - it definitely is the weirdest way ever but so easy after all. Did you make the doggie quilt with dog houses, and dogs having small bones? It is a gorgeous quilt. One lady on the class was working on that, and it will be my next crazy quilt.

I chose the fabrics with the 4th of July on my mind - wanted to make something different this year; in addition to new table runner and place mats, of course..... 8) 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, so I am all about themes for it.

Looks like I will have to look into the Buggy Barn quits. Am not familiar with them. :?

Yes, I am attaching a picture of the one I made. At the bottom I used furry fabric the colors of my dogs in my avatar and sewed their baby collars and name tags on them.

Buggy Barn Doggie Quilt.
    Name:  Attachment-11532.jpe
Views: 803
Size:  57.3 KB

It is gorgeous!!!!!!! I love this one, and those baby collars - what a great idea!
    I can't wait to get my Ohio stars finished now, and start the Doggie quilt. I might steal your collar idea though; in fact found our dog's baby collar earlier today when I was organizing some stuff for the move.

Sharon, you can find all the Buggy Barn stuff online at http://buggybarnquilts.com/

Thanks for the link! Will check them out. :lol:

Thanks Nina! When I first started cutting out the fabric and piecing it was so confusing because with most quilts the process is so exact! And this method is anything but exact!! But like I said it was a hoot! Be my guest and use anything you like. It makes your quilt real special. Enjoy!!!!!!

I had the same "problem" when I started with my stars today. I am so very used to measure everything accurately, and suddenly I can just do "something", and it still works.
    Definitely so much fun!

Blog Entries
    Nina, love your quilt squares and the patriotic fabric. Looks like it is a fun quilt to do. I will definitely check out the link. Thanks for sharing with us. I am always happy to add a want to do project to my ever growing list :D

I love the fabric you used. Your quilt squares are great. What fun.

Looks Great! :D I've made so many Buggy Barns I just love them!
    Oh my the doggies are adorable too!

Nina--great star blocks. Looks like you are having a great time with this quilt. Please post pics again when you are finished with it.

Blog Entries
    Cute!!! I'm going to go check out this link...it sounds like a lot of fun!! THanks for sharing!

How cute! And I love the fabrics!!

Blog Entries
    Very nice.

Love your stars.
    I'm going to check out the link. Thanks!

What is the pattern and is it a sampler?

Mine is called "Crazy for Ohios", and it is done by using "crazy" technique where the accuracy is not as important as in regular quilts.
    The pattern can be found at Buggy Barn book "Crazy Among Friends".

The doggy quilt is made by using similar crazy technique, and that pattern is in Buggy Barn book "Crazy Dog Days", called Nick Knack Patty Wack.

Banned
    Great Job..... I love the scrappy look

Thank you! I am really hooked to these blocks .... I was sewing very late last night, and I can't wait to continue. Even though I should be packing ....

Where did you get your pattern. It is precious. I could not find it on Buggybarn. Quilt is great!

The pattern is in the book Crazy Among Friends - this link should take you to the book: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=1097

I really do love this one ..... have already done 14 out of 26 blocks......... way too addicting.

Keep on going Nina, packing will happen later. If you're like me, you work better under pressure anyway. On the packing that is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast