Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bunny Doll Quilt

so cute, use a light box put the face under and trace with micro pen it makes a nice fine line. but with the batting it might not work depending on thickness and how bright light is. next ime do face first . I'm sure it will be nic what eveer ou cchoose to do

Simply adorable!! Be sure to let us know what you decide and post a pic of the face finished!

Love the quilt.

Remember when "mop dolls" were really popular? Some people made them without faces, but I can "hear" my little niece so clearly......GRANDMA....THAT DOLLY DOESN'T HAVE A FACE....
    so my vote is to try & put at least eyes on your bunny....even a 3 times round french knot ????

This is so so so cute.... :D

pal
    Hi Christianquilter, your bunny quilt is too, too cute. I have a suggestion for her face. How about small round black beads for her eyes, a little pink pom pom for her nose, two larger white pom poms for her cheeks, a little powder blush in her ears, and a bow right between her ears!

I like it. How about just a light touch of blush on the cheeks, I like the idea of french knot eyes,any way to do whiskers?

joy
    I love your quilt.... really cute and lovely colours... maybe you could put a hat on and pull it down over where the eyes would be and all you would have to stitch would be the mouth.... just a thought !!!

pal
    You can make whiskers with monofiliment - plastic fishing string!

Although I like the idea of using a french knot, I think using button eyes would be really cute.

Love your bunny quilt! I have some old hankies that I saved and seeing your quilt square made me think that I could use some of them for skirts for dolls or bunnies. Thanks!

Banned
    Oh my. Now isn't that just the cutiest. Gosh. Don't know what all you can do. If it was me. I'd have my future DIL draw me a face OR embroider it... Where did you get the pattern? Its adoreable :D

Loretta is the one who first posted the link to this. so many cute things on here! I wish I had time to try some. anyway the link is:
    http://www.ohfransson.com Check it out! like I said lots of cute things. There is one that has jumbo rick rack on that is just too cute!

Thanks again for all of your helpl! I think I might try the hat idea...I found that site, not knowing that you guys had already known about it about 2 months ago and fell in love with this doll quilt. It is so easy to do, too...You can have this finished within a few hours if you aren't interrupted. It is especially fun to dress your bunny! I think I am going to make one with a bear, a ballerina, and whatever else kind of creature that I can come up with to make them individual. Anyway...Thank you all, again, for your help, your advise, and your encouragement!

It's just adorable!!! I vote for the blank face too! I think it's just perfect as is. You do such beautiful work, your grands are gonna have a VERY Merry Christmas!!! Ya know...that little bunny gal would be beautiful on a matching Christmas Stocking Gramma :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    Loretta is the one who first posted the link to this. so many cute things on here! I wish I had time to try some. anyway the link is:
    http://www.ohfransson.com Check it out! like I said lots of cute things. There is one that has jumbo rick rack on that is just too cute!
    I'm not finding the bunny. Maybe she hopped away? NEVER MIND...... FOUND

Oh good! Glad you found it! I am dying to do one. She also posted pictures of a doll made the same way and thats the one I am dying to do.

She had to have posted the doll very recently. I saw it there last night. It wasn't there when I first found the website. This girl is so clever! What a great idea! I know that my granddaughters are going to love their's!

The doll has been there but she gives no pattern for the hair so I guess just lop the ears off the bunny pattern and free form cut some hair. It looks like the shoes ar rough shaped doughnuts! :lol: What I see is nothing really fusyy or precise and thats what I love about it.

Banned
    Oh good! Glad you found it! I am dying to do one. She also posted pictures of a doll made the same way and thats the one I am dying to do.
    a doll???? ok i totally missed that one. I wanna do her paintbox quilt but was disapointed not to find a pattern :cry: ok going back to see if i can find the doll. if i'm not out by tonight, come in and get me. lol

A wonderful tutorial and site...

Banned
    The doll has been there but she gives no pattern for the hair so I guess just lop the ears off the bunny pattern and free form cut some hair. It looks like the shoes ar rough shaped doughnuts! :lol: What I see is nothing really fusyy or precise and thats what I love about it.
    Not finding anything about a doll :?

Very cute!! I think you have plenty of good ideas from everybody for the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    a doll???? ok i totally missed that one. I wanna do her paintbox quilt but was disapointed not to find a pattern :cry: ok going back to see if i can find the doll. if i'm not out by tonight, come in and get me. lol
    Bev, if you go back to her website and to the right of her blog, click on applique and it will bring up pictures of some of her other things. The doll is there and its basically the same as he bunny minus the ears.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Bev, if you go back to her website and to the right of her blog, click on applique and it will bring up pictures of some of her other things. The doll is there and its basically the same as he bunny minus the ears.
    gottcha... thanks dearheart :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast