Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Can I blame this purchase on Angie? >

Can I blame this purchase on Angie?

Can I blame this purchase on Angie?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:01 AM

Or maybe I can rationalize and say even after I buy fabric--it's still less than I would if I was a jewelry person, or if I was at all familiar with make-up. And, except for my favorite Muck boots and running shoes, I'm not into buying shoes. I only shop for clothes if I need to...

Or how about this: we never go on vacations--and this was waay cheaper than a cruise--heck cheaper even than driving to see the ocean.

Am I good yet? :wink:

Why this is Angie's fault: She really liked the daisy fabric from the table runners...and I have to say it's my favorite fabric ever. I knew exactly where I got it--one of the local Mennonite shops in the back on the second to bottom shelf on the far left... :D I wanted to help Angie find some, so I searched the internet yesterday with all the words from the salvage ... no luck. So, I made a trip to the shop this morning to see if there was any left... thinking there was a slim chance. I searched the location--nothing. Oh well--might as well look around while I'm here. :roll: :shock: :lol:

"There's one I love! Oh my--folks would love that in a table runner! That's a beautiful red! I love the vines on this one! Oh--Good thing I'm here, I needed a wide back for that 40x40 piece-Tranquility..."

And on it went.

BUT!! I FOUND THE DAISY FABRIC!! :D :lol: :!: :D :lol: :!: (We need a celebrating smiley!) I bought all that was left--because afterall, I appreciate it more than any living thing--so I should have it--right? RIGHT?? :wink: 6 and 1/8 yards :!: :!: :!: :!:

Well...that was the story. Here are the results. Over 20 yards for $102. The white on tan is the backing...the Morning Glories will be for table runners... as well as the Sunflowers. The solids are to go with the Sunflowers... and there's my Daisy fabric. I'll share with Angie since her b-day is coming up. :wink: The rest?- Who knows. I'll be glad it's there some day. :wink:

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Banned

sounds perfectly reasonable to me :roll: :mrgreen:
Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 AM

Nice haul good for you and Angie
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 AM

Love your new purchases Karla. Can't wait to see what you make with them. Angie has big shoulders, I'm sure!!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 AM

Love them all. You are going to get me started now.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 AM

OH MAN!!!!!! I LOVE IT ALL The daisy fabric-sigh!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I am so planning a trip to see you...maybe in 2-3 weeks so be ready lol

The shop is closed Wed? so it won't be aWed lol.......

Can you say Charge!!!!!!!! :)

You are the best, my friend.

Angie

Off for a motorcycle ride...I am a complex chick lol
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM

Wait Karla which is the daisy fabric you speak of? the one with the retty red background?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM

Yup--that's the one Melissa. I never get tired of looking at it--or working with it.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM

I have enclosed a picture from my design wall of a Christmas quilt that I have actually finished.....but have a question about the next one.

On this one I only used 1 off-white fabric for the background. I now am going to use several different off-white fabrics for more interest. But I'm wondering if adding some white fabric would then be too distracting from the path of multi-print squares?

Please give me your opinion, I'm desperate to work on this project but am worrying over this. Thanks, Terri

One block of path
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11756[/ATTACH]

Christmas Quilt unfinished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11757[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11756.jpe   attachment-11757.jpe  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:27 AM

oops--Terri--I think you hit reply instead of "New Topic." No one will see it hidden here--maybe copy it to its own post? :wink:

In regards to your question--I just made a 40x40 piece with a mixed light background--and I like it. I think as long as you're sticking to all whites--it won't distract at all.